Open today: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Good wine, beautiful views

Four of us walked in for a tasting on Saturday. It was a bit crowded but we were able to begin in... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
0kristi
Martinsburg, West Virginia
A bit over rated

Reviewed March 10, 2019
jenniferjY1515JW
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
via mobile

All reviews wine tasting tasting room jambalaya great wine live music red blend northern va large winery ample parking place is beautiful several wineries crackers staff was friendly virginia wines my favorite harpers ferry saturday afternoon
Selected filters
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Driving into this winery was such a site! It’s huge and surrounded by vines. Would be an awesome place in the summer, so many nice places to sit outside. The wine did disappoint me a bit. The tasting fee is $15, and the pours are on the small side. The service was excellent. He even took us in the back to see the barrels.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019

The grounds are breathtaking and absolutely lovely to take advantage of. You can sit and relax outside and inside. Ample seating and room to move about. There are private vendors that set up inside for you to take advantage of their goods. The service is less than exciting and leaves a lot to be desired when interacting with customers.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 10, 2019

4 of us reserved the seated Chocolate & Cabernet tasting, a Valentine's Day themed event in a private room on the lower level, on a Saturday afternoon. I called in advance about touring the winery also and was told that if we arrived early, and if there were other people there who also wanted a tour, they could probably accommodate us for a 30 minute tour prior to our tasting. So we took the chance and arrived 45 minutes in advance of our reservation. Parking was ample, and the place has a grand, stately appearance with a beautiful view. The building reminded us of a California winery from the exterior, but inside, it has a New Orleans theme, which is a little odd, but it works. Once inside, I asked about a tour and was told that they only to tours by appointment, directly contradicting what I was told on the phone. I didn't make an issue of it. There was comfortable seating, and so we just sat, had some soup (pricey, but very good), and chatted until our tasting. I was disappointed that the gentleman present for our tasting didn't guide us through or offer any explanation of what we were sampling, but I took the liberty of engaging him in conversation, asking lots of questions, and coaxing him into providing an impromptu wine lesson for our novice group. Each wine was paired with a truffle, and the truffles were good, as were most of the wines. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience.

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank Sue T
Reviewed December 20, 2018

I enjoyed the atmosphere and views so much here. The building and property is beautiful and the staff is friendly and helpful. There was also live music which made it a little more fun (but also loud). I wouldnt say I was a wine snob, but everyone has their own taste and this just wasn't my favorite. I would go back and I would take out of town guests here as well.

Date of experience: December 2018
JenniferB9340, General Manager at Breaux Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Thank you for visiting us and for sharing your review. I am so glad to know you enjoyed the views and live music as well. We have a large selection of wines that we rotate regularly on our tasting sheet. Next time you visit, make sure you let your wine educator know what you typically like to sip and we will accommodate to your preferences.
Thank you again for your visit! Happy Sipping.

Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Always something new to try, and always something good. Elevate your experience by joining the Cellar Club....special tastings and limited release wines. The venue is beautiful, live entertainment often, and a variety of special events throughout the year. Gift shop offers many wine themed items, and food available for purchase.

Date of experience: December 2018