Open today: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
A bit over rated

Driving into this winery was such a site! It’s huge and surrounded by vines. Would be an awesome... read more

Reviewed March 10, 2019
jenniferjY1515JW
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
via mobile
Views are awesome, wine is good

Reviewed December 20, 2018
TShaeMc

All reviews wine tasting tasting room jambalaya great wine live music red blend northern va large winery ample parking place is beautiful several wineries crackers staff was friendly virginia wines my favorite saturday afternoon harpers ferry
Reviewed December 20, 2018

I enjoyed the atmosphere and views so much here. The building and property is beautiful and the staff is friendly and helpful. There was also live music which made it a little more fun (but also loud). I wouldnt say I was a wine snob, but everyone has their own taste and this just wasn't my favorite. I would go back and I would take out of town guests here as well.

Date of experience: December 2018
JenniferB9340, General Manager at Breaux Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Thank you for visiting us and for sharing your review. I am so glad to know you enjoyed the views and live music as well. We have a large selection of wines that we rotate regularly on our tasting sheet. Next time you visit, make sure you let your wine educator know what you typically like to sip and we will accommodate to your preferences.
Thank you again for your visit! Happy Sipping.

Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Always something new to try, and always something good. Elevate your experience by joining the Cellar Club....special tastings and limited release wines. The venue is beautiful, live entertainment often, and a variety of special events throughout the year. Gift shop offers many wine themed items, and food available for purchase.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2018

We were scenic route driving and pulled in when we saw a banner for a Harvest Festival at the winery. There was ample parking, vendors set up with items for sale, and a live band. There was ample green space for sitting outside, picnicking, and just relaxing. It was very crowded and no space available at the bar. I reviewed the menu and it seemed that the prices for a glass of wine were a bit high in my opinion. I wasn't able to get service and didn't taste of any, but I enjoyed the atmosphere immensely. I wish we had packed a picnic because it was a beautiful day and venue. I imagine a wedding here would be incredible.

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are winery fans and this was my mother in laws first wine tasting in her life. I was expecting it to be a classy and delicious event.

First of all we picked this day/event to attend because we all LOVE oysters, and this was advertised as an oyster event. Upon arrival we were surprised that there was only one oyster vendor and it was a food truck.

I work every Saturday until 2pm. The event was advertised to run until 6pm. We drove a long distance after a hard day of work to enjoy this time. They ran out of oysters before 5pm. So blown!

Secondly, I’ve been to wine tastings all over the world. I’ve never had to stand around for ages as though ordering a drink from a busy bar. The three of us stood there, not acknowledged for a good 15 minutes. We drove so far to get to the winery that we were trying to be patient and upbeat, but we were so thirsty and hungry. The people in front of us were being poured tastings at a ridiculously low speed. The servers would pour then leave the area to fetch something (first a bottle, then glasses, then I don’t know what ‍♀️), so the turn over was extremely slow. The guy next to me had a pregnant wife and just wanted to pay cash for the glass he was drinking; even that was a long process and he was quite annoyed.

3. The tasting. Finally it’s our turn. Yay! After waiting so long, it was so disappointing that none of us liked ANY of the wines. They were actually quite gross. The couple next to us had the same reaction and they requested a taste of a wine not on the tasting menu, we jumped on that train and got one as well. It was the only one we all liked so we bought the bottle to enjoy with our oysters. Oh, and our tasting took forever. Server left three times to go somewhere to get more supplies. And even when he was present, he wouldn’t pour the next wine until someone got fed up and asked! Twice my mother in law who was getting tired of standing (she’s 70), said, “okay we are ready, what’s next?!” The server did praise us 3x for being so patient (as he did to every other patron), but in all reality there was NO reason that we should have had to be; if they poured the wine at a reasonable rate everyone could have had a better experience and not have felt so worn out by what should have been a quick event.

4. Finally we get out into the sunshine and are like anxious kids ready for our long overdue treat, raw oysters!!! FYI I had this on my calendar over a month in advance because my schedule is hectic and I wanted to make sure it all went smoothly for my mother in law.
She and I are outside at a table now enjoying the awesome live music (shout out to Joe and the waitress band), and my darling hubby goes to wait in a long line at the food truck. We were starving by then and he was not happy he had to go wait again, but again we were trying to be positive. At least 15 minutes go by because I enjoyed about 5 songs from the band. My husband is walking toward us, yay! We are both cheering, finally, he’s walking back, our hunter has returned after an arduous food acquiring task. And....he’s empty handed with a look of defeat. My poor hubby. At first he was ticked at me because he had remarked when we arrived that maybe we should go to the food truck first. But the point (for me) was to find a tasty new wine to enjoy with our food. And we couldn’t do a tasting with oysters in hand, so the only option was to do the tasting first. So then it was a consensus of opinion that it was John’s ridiculously looooong wine tasting that literally ruined our experience.

End of story! We left happy because my mother in law was giddy that she visited a beautiful winery, enjoyed a great band, and had a slight buzz.

My husband and I however will never return here. Mainly because the wines were not good at all. And the customer service needs major improvement.

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

My association was he touring for new wedding venues as well as a couple of fee others. We loved this vineyard. Beautiful scenery and wonderful staff. Perfect location and will make for a beautiful wedding.