Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A bit over rated

Driving into this winery was such a site! It’s huge and surrounded by vines. Would be an awesome... read more

Reviewed March 10, 2019
jenniferjY1515JW
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
via mobile
Chocolate & Cabernet Tasting

4 of us reserved the seated Chocolate & Cabernet tasting, a Valentine's Day themed event in a... read more

Reviewed February 10, 2019
Sue_T_1972
Ashburn, Virginia

All reviews wine tasting tasting room jambalaya great wine live music red blend northern va large winery ample parking place is beautiful several wineries crackers staff was friendly virginia wines my favorite saturday afternoon harpers ferry
Reviewed October 29, 2018

We were scenic route driving and pulled in when we saw a banner for a Harvest Festival at the winery. There was ample parking, vendors set up with items for sale, and a live band. There was ample green space for sitting outside, picnicking, and just relaxing. It was very crowded and no space available at the bar. I reviewed the menu and it seemed that the prices for a glass of wine were a bit high in my opinion. I wasn't able to get service and didn't taste of any, but I enjoyed the atmosphere immensely. I wish we had packed a picnic because it was a beautiful day and venue. I imagine a wedding here would be incredible.

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are winery fans and this was my mother in laws first wine tasting in her life. I was expecting it to be a classy and delicious event.

First of all we picked this day/event to attend because we all LOVE oysters, and this was advertised as an oyster event. Upon arrival we were surprised that there was only one oyster vendor and it was a food truck.

I work every Saturday until 2pm. The event was advertised to run until 6pm. We drove a long distance after a hard day of work to enjoy this time. They ran out of oysters before 5pm. So blown!

Secondly, I’ve been to wine tastings all over the world. I’ve never had to stand around for ages as though ordering a drink from a busy bar. The three of us stood there, not acknowledged for a good 15 minutes. We drove so far to get to the winery that we were trying to be patient and upbeat, but we were so thirsty and hungry. The people in front of us were being poured tastings at a ridiculously low speed. The servers would pour then leave the area to fetch something (first a bottle, then glasses, then I don’t know what ‍♀️), so the turn over was extremely slow. The guy next to me had a pregnant wife and just wanted to pay cash for the glass he was drinking; even that was a long process and he was quite annoyed.

3. The tasting. Finally it’s our turn. Yay! After waiting so long, it was so disappointing that none of us liked ANY of the wines. They were actually quite gross. The couple next to us had the same reaction and they requested a taste of a wine not on the tasting menu, we jumped on that train and got one as well. It was the only one we all liked so we bought the bottle to enjoy with our oysters. Oh, and our tasting took forever. Server left three times to go somewhere to get more supplies. And even when he was present, he wouldn’t pour the next wine until someone got fed up and asked! Twice my mother in law who was getting tired of standing (she’s 70), said, “okay we are ready, what’s next?!” The server did praise us 3x for being so patient (as he did to every other patron), but in all reality there was NO reason that we should have had to be; if they poured the wine at a reasonable rate everyone could have had a better experience and not have felt so worn out by what should have been a quick event.

4. Finally we get out into the sunshine and are like anxious kids ready for our long overdue treat, raw oysters!!! FYI I had this on my calendar over a month in advance because my schedule is hectic and I wanted to make sure it all went smoothly for my mother in law.
She and I are outside at a table now enjoying the awesome live music (shout out to Joe and the waitress band), and my darling hubby goes to wait in a long line at the food truck. We were starving by then and he was not happy he had to go wait again, but again we were trying to be positive. At least 15 minutes go by because I enjoyed about 5 songs from the band. My husband is walking toward us, yay! We are both cheering, finally, he’s walking back, our hunter has returned after an arduous food acquiring task. And....he’s empty handed with a look of defeat. My poor hubby. At first he was ticked at me because he had remarked when we arrived that maybe we should go to the food truck first. But the point (for me) was to find a tasty new wine to enjoy with our food. And we couldn’t do a tasting with oysters in hand, so the only option was to do the tasting first. So then it was a consensus of opinion that it was John’s ridiculously looooong wine tasting that literally ruined our experience.

End of story! We left happy because my mother in law was giddy that she visited a beautiful winery, enjoyed a great band, and had a slight buzz.

My husband and I however will never return here. Mainly because the wines were not good at all. And the customer service needs major improvement.

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

My association was he touring for new wedding venues as well as a couple of fee others. We loved this vineyard. Beautiful scenery and wonderful staff. Perfect location and will make for a beautiful wedding.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Being so big and pretty makes you charge a pretty penny for your tasting and the wine isn't good, in our opinion. Had a really rowdy bunch of unclassy women outside eating and then came inside, cursing and nothing was said to them the entire time. Anyway very beautiful but I think you're paying for that with the pricey tastings. The shirts and glasses with the crawfish say "fun" and "mardi gras" but the upscale froo froo ness doesnt.

1  Thank Millerdes
Reviewed October 13, 2018

As with all Northern VA wineries, you pay for being in the country with great views all around you. Breaux is no different. It is one of the larger wineries and there is plenty of space inside and outside. They have a separate area that is 21 and over. Also a small indoor space for dogs. The location is incredible surrounded by hills. It's amazing jn fall when the leaves turn. All those things are great, the wine is ok. They taste very good compared to other wineries in the area but the prices are absurd. The Reds range from $40-50. I can get an amazing Italian or French wine for the same price. No one should ever buy Virginia wines unless they are at the winery. There are several wineries nearby if you plan to winery hop.

1  Thank Turner S