“We love this place”

El Rancho Plus
Ranked #24 of 45 Restaurants in Purcellville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 19, 2011

The food is fresh & tasty & the service is good. Can't complain for a local place. Have tried a number of items on the menu & never been disappointed. I like the California Burrito the best served with rice & beans. Also, the Sopapillas - if you have room, are very good for dessert. My older son loves the bean tacos, my younger son is a bit of a gringo & usually gets a hot dog & fries & the fries are the best in town :)

1  Thank BethAnnP
There are newer reviews for El Rancho Plus

Reviewed December 11, 2010

We live nearby since quite some year years and we have been at El Rancho several times. We have also ordered take-away many times. We like the service and the food is good and we always have leftovers as - for us - the size of the servings are pretty huge. We also like their fries that are the best in town. Their fajitas are excellent and for those not found of Tex-Mex, the Pork BBQ dinner is also very good. El Rancho is for us the Cantina in town: good, easy, unpretentious and affordable.

Reviewed June 30, 2010

Not worth it - go to beryville, or sterling. Way overpriced for the quality.

1  Thank meldabs30
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Food is Mediocre at best. At its worst it is not really even edible. I have actually eaten there twice... I suppose I must be a masochist. Actually the 2nd time around it had vastly improved because it was under new management and at a new location. I suppose you could say El Rancho improved about 100% and yet it's still really bad!! Really greasy tasteless ground beef is used in or frozen prepared chicken. The cheese was processed as well ... something out of Army rations or something. Please don't go. Go instead to MEXICAN GARDEN in Sterling or Don Pablo’s in Reston or some of the MANY MANY Salvadoran restaurants all over Sterling VA area.

IF you are STARVING... go to Subway Sandwich right next door or the Quisno's across the street or the WING Factory place just down the road. OR... just make your OWN Mexican American food! You'll like it a lot better!!

Reviewed September 3, 2008

We eat here often and have for years. The service is very good and it is fast. the people are friendly and attentive. The restaurant and restrooms are kept clean. Every time I have walked past the kitchen it's been quite clean. We've never been disappointed. Although we order "Mexican" food most of the time, I have enjoyed the Snapper, and the other "American" food is fine. All the food, from salads to main courses, seems fresh. No stale chips here (or at least we've never found any). The cheese enchiladas have almost too much cheese for me, I like my refried beans a bit chunkier, and I could wish for a spicier salsa (but I understand most people might not agree, my own family doesn't). Hey, no one can be perfect for everyone on every dish. If I didn't tell you that, would you believe I'm impartial? Personally, I really like the guacamole, the chili con queso, the salad. We all seem to have our favorites. The restaurant it a good value.