“Nice local restaurant”

El Rancho Plus
Ranked #23 of 48 Restaurants in Purcellville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We really miss a certain South of the border retaurant in Leesburg, VA, that closed some time ago, sigh. That written, El Rancho is almost an institution. The place is kept clean (and I like clean, even the rest rooms have been fastidious every time we've visited), the service is good, the people are local. I like the taco salad (which is generous), the spinach products (which are not always available). Members of the family are fond of the Rancho's Fiesta and Acapulco. The BBQ is better than some other places in town, in my opinion. Wish the salsa was "hotter".

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place is a below-average Tex-Mex Restaurant. One example of the poor quality of the cuisine is that they use shredded Velveta cheese in lieu of mexican-style or even cheddar cheese.

1  Thank TravelCommonwealth
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Bland food, over priced, completely inflexiable on the menu. I love Mexican food and will usually find good in about any small restaurant. But just not this one. I want to support local businesses, but this place is just over priced, has a "professional" but entirely unfriendly staff and food that is at best, not going to hurt you. Look elsewhere.

Barryville has some good places, as does Leesburg. Just skip Purcellville for Mexican. Bummer.

2  Thank RichFromVirginia
Reviewed February 19, 2011

The food is fresh & tasty & the service is good. Can't complain for a local place. Have tried a number of items on the menu & never been disappointed. I like the California Burrito the best served with rice & beans. Also, the Sopapillas - if you have room, are very good for dessert. My older son loves the bean tacos, my younger son is a bit of a gringo & usually gets a hot dog & fries & the fries are the best in town :)

1  Thank BethAnnP
Reviewed December 11, 2010

We live nearby since quite some year years and we have been at El Rancho several times. We have also ordered take-away many times. We like the service and the food is good and we always have leftovers as - for us - the size of the servings are pretty huge. We also like their fries that are the best in town. Their fajitas are excellent and for those not found of Tex-Mex, the Pork BBQ dinner is also very good. El Rancho is for us the Cantina in town: good, easy, unpretentious and affordable.