“Enjoy staying at Baymont Inn”

Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prince George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Johnson City, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I travel a lot and this is by far the worst I have ever been treated. I stayed the 7th, 8th, and checked out the 9th. The shower had a strange dimensional blue ring near the drain that was not Comet, and when I took my first shower there were pubic hairs on the wall! I washed these off myself because I just didn't feel like complaining. The walls are far more thin than any hotel/motel I've stayed in and couldn't sleep either night. The Wifi is horrible! I couldn't even check my email on the laptop or Smart phone at any time. The breakfast was stale and very unattended. I asked to speak with a manager, she had the day off, so I spoke with the asst manager. She made me feel like a bother and consistently reminded me that I was saying "horrible things that no one had ever said before". I had gotten a late check out for noon. After I spoke with her she directed me to the General Manager's cell number. I called and more than 24 hrs has not called me back, I have called twice now and left my number. So after this I go back to my room and join my husband who is currently in A School at Fort Lee. We were eating leftovers because we could barely touch breakfast and I spilled a soda all down my shirt. I had to allow my shirt to dry and as this happened the Housekeeper knocked (although I had the "Do not disturb" sign on the handle).I replied, "No thank you". Apparently no one had told her of my late check out so she starts to ask if I am staying another night and opens the door! I was half nude!!!! I freak out that THE DOOR OPENED with OUT my permission, put a jacket on, go to the door, and tell her she had no permission to open my door. Later the asst. manager tells me, "she leaned on the door and that the locks don't always work." Anyhow, the housekeeper doesn't apologies for "accidentally leaning on the door", she argues with me telling my door was already open! I immediately go to check out and the asst manager makes literally made me cry making the whole thing seem like my fault and wanting me to apologize to the housekeeper for cursing. Excuse me, but a woman's door opens and she is nude?!!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $20 and go to the Hampton Inn across the street!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BaymontPG, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Mrs. Elkin- In response to your review, I would like to say first of all that it is unfortunate that you did not respond to my attempts to reach you so we could have resolved this situation for you. I made you aware that I had emergency dental surgery and was away from my desk and couldn't speak, to which you responded, "ok." After reading the reviews left on various sites about your stay, I am somewhat confused as to the actual events that caused you to be displeased with your stay. On my return, I immediately had the locks from your room door audited in an effort to correct my staff about proper entry. I also reviewed video footage from the hallway near your room and the front desk to ensure my staff is aware how to manage complaints from guests. After researching this, my findings do not support your concerns. It is always my intention that every guest's stay is successful and pleasing, which is why I take complaints seriously so we can use them as performance enhancing tools. We have received many awards from high-ranking military officials, local companies, family reunions, and the soldiers required to attend courses on Ft. Lee that have stayed at our property sometimes for over a year. I will take your concerns and decide in what way we will use them to better ourselves and our property. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
RIPLEY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

The beds and pillows were really comfortable. I had no problems sleeping on the bed. Normally if the bed is hard or has spring issues I get a back ache. I slept very well. The chair and foot stool was also comfortable to sit up in. I liked the fact that breakfast was available but I slept through & was till able to get breakfast at Shoney's (right beside hotel). There were lots of restaurants, gas stations, banks and grocery stores right beside or across the road from the hotel. What was also nice is that the hotel is right near a stop light so it make it easy to go either direction from the hotel. I only have two issues. The first is that the room need more sounding proofing material. You could hear noise from outside the room. It didn't disturb my sleep but you can hear people walking on other floors or outside your room. The other issue I had was the bathroom was really small. If you are standing at the sink and turn around to face the shower you will trip over the toilet. All in all it was a good hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were nice. Housekeeping was very friendly. When I checked in the front desk girl didn't seem like she was in a good mood. We asked were bojangles was & she replied "over that way" pointing somewhere out the door. Didn't help with specific directions. They didn't have a luggage cart so we had to make multiple trips out in the thunder storm for luggage. We had babies with us so it was very frustrating. At check out there was a guy who was training but the person training him was on the phone while he was trying to figure out how to do our billing. The stay was nice but the front desk needs work.

• Stayed August 2012
AHOSKIE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Nice atmosphere, clean room. Comfortable bed. Enjoyable stay and would definitely stay again when I return to the area!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee
Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee
#2 of 2 in Prince George
Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee? Share your experiences!