“Decent for the price”

Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The room was clean, the front desk was incredibly nice. The rooms have microwaves and refrigerators which was more than I expected considering what we paid for the room.

Room Tip: Just don't stay near the club...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2012

If you like trying to sleep at a hip hop club, stay here!! Otherwise avoid at all cost. I called to called the front desk and requested to have the other guest at the pool to lower the music. Guest services stated he was the only employee on the premise and could not leave the front desk. Pay a cover charge for the loudest club you can find and sleep there. You will be more comfortable. Only stayed here because everything else was book for the time period I needed. Don't be fooled by the presentable front desk area. A large portion of the hotel is dated and in serious needed of renovation. Be prepared to carry your luggage up stairs and a maze of corridors. My wife was concerned about finding the exit. The room is somewhat musky. I had to call house keeping a request for the tub to be cleaned. Once house keeping departed it wasn't much better.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Booked a smoking room by accident and immediately called to change. Was told there was nothing that could be done. I could change the reservation but would automatically be charged one night stay in addition to the 3 nights I originally wanted. Didn't feel the staff was very friendly. The first morning had no hot water. Will not choose a Baymont Inn for lodging again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My family was visiting out of town for a retirement party. The family member that was organizing everything, had the family group setup at this hotel. When I saw Baymont, all I could think of was a Two Star Hotel. I don't do Two Star. I kept visiting Trip Advisor to read all the reviews. I said it can't be that bad, so here we go. When I got there and went inside the lobby, I was surprised. It was really nice and clean. The front desk clerk was really nice and patient. This seems to be a military hotel since the hotel is located about 2 minutes from the base. Once I checked in and went to my hotel, I was surprised again. The room was really nice. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and looked new. It was worth every dollar I spent. They also offer continential breakfast. I wasn't impressed with that at all. But I wanted to say, I would have never stayed here if the reviews were so good. If I visit again, I will definitely stay here. I enjoyed my stay; it was very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tamara68
BaymontPG, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I get very excited when folks walk through our doors and expierence all of us at the Baymont. I believe we have a great team which makes your stay possible. Thank you again and take care!
Please visit us again when you are in town.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I recently ended a 4 1/2 month stay at Baymont in Prince George, VA. The treatment by the staff was nothing short of excellent, and the pain of being so far from home was lessened by the staff. Traci, and her staff are pleasant and always lent a hand regardless if the assistance was asked for, or if they heard of a need. Keep up the great work gang, and I'll be back sooner rather than later......

Robin K. Lloyd

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Robin L
BaymontPG, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Mr. Lloyd,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Your service to the United States of America is so greatly apprecited. While your in our house we strive to provide a second home. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

An obnoxious out of control party in the conference center kept my family up past 1:30 AM. My room shook violently from the bass from the Rap and R&B music, everyone leaving the party could not stop yelling, and when I called the hotel front desk the first time I was told "They paid for the conference room, it should be over soon." That was around 12:00AM. They obviously don't care about their paying customers. It is ridiculous and shows a complete lack of customer care. I have a baby and a wife and they had trouble sleeping because the room was shaking from the bumping bass and microphone turned up so loud it was terribly distorted (that was for all the completely necessary profanity laced shout outs) and I know I can't be the only one who complained. What kind of hotel shows such a lack of respect to their customers? Terrible hotel with terrible customer service. Do not stay here!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the conference room!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This hotel was a Comfort Inn before Baymont took it over.

The Good!

They built an addition which is where we were put up in. We had a nice queen suite, flat screen tv, hide a bed love seat, fridge and microwave. Ample parking, close to the interstate, next to a military base and 4 miles from a nice sized mall with lots of eateries. Our visit was in early March.

The Not-so-Good

Upon arrival to the new addition entry way there was a very heavy odor of cigarette smoke. upon entering the building, the smoke odor was just as prevelant. We were put at the end of a long hall and you guessed it...spotty to non existant Wi-Fi. They did provide a LAN cable though. Pool is outdoors and the jacuzzi was indoors, but was down for a broken part.

Over all it wasn't all that bad, but I'll pay more next time for a non-smoking hotel with indoor pool / jacuzzi and over all Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra to get a suite near the entrance if you want good Wi-Fi and short walk to the parkin...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Stay - Over Suites
Stay - Over Suites
#3 of 7 in Hopewell
WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort Lee
WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort ...
#7 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee? Share your experiences!