“Look for something else”

Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I had to stay in this hotel for 4 weeks and it is not worth the money. The rooms were not clean and I had "sticky stuff" on my carpet.
The only good thing about this hotel was the location since it is right outside of Fort Lee. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone who has to pay for it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DangerKitty22

Reviewed April 28, 2011

I stayed here for a month and it was great. the front staff was very friendly and accommodated very well. the room i had was roomy, clean and didnt smell bad, free wi, fi, the gym was pretty small but it worked for me. not to mention the bar downstairs had a great staff as well. i enjoyed the appreciation nite where they offer free food. the complimentary breakfast was filling, many selections! totally worth the money spent!

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2011

The staff at the hotel were very helpful and attended to my every need. I stay at the hotel for a month while attending school at Fort Lee.
Jessica at the frint desk was very friendly and greeted us every day while returning from class.

thanks to the hotel staff ad management , made our stay delightful.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lisalisa6
Reviewed July 6, 2007

This hotel does not deserve the Comfort Inn name. We requested a roll away bed and were told that "all two" at the hotel were in use by the time we arrived on a Friday evening. We asked for a manager, and were told the manager "would be back on Monday." The A/C didn't work in the first room we were given, but the third room we were shown had working A/C. There was no hot water in the morning--I mean zero. The hotel is in need of renovation. This is clearly a hotel that Comfort Inn bought from another chain -- I don't know what they were thinking.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed March 1, 2007

I stayed in this hotel on February 24 and 25th,2007..the staff is very rude. Was not a safe area was glad I didnt have my kids with me..maid was constantly pounding on the door to make our room and it was only 9:00am..when we checked in the desk clerk rolled her eyes at us because she had to get off her butt..would not recommend this hotel..Couldnt even have a drink in their bar on a saturday night at 9:00pm it was closed..

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kathyann66
Reviewed November 16, 2006

I stayed at this hotel when visiting my daughter at Fort Lee. The hotel is located right outside the gate, and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was-great value for the money. It looks like it's been recently remodeled and the rooms have fridges, microwaves and coffeemakers. The pool area was beautiful with large palm trees and a cabana with barbeque grills. The breakfast was awesome-eggs, bacon and belgian waffles and FREE! While I was there, my glasses broke and the front desk clerk went out of her way to help me find a place to have them repaired the same day. I will always stay at the Comfort Inn when I visit my daughter!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 1, 2006

This was one of the worst hotels my husband and I have stayed at in a long time. It's right outside the Ft. Lee gate and is economically priced, but you get what you pay for. The staff and check-in desk were rude at best (very unfriendly and short w/ us). The facilities were in shambles: the carpet in our room was stained, dirty and ripped; the hot-tub was broken/out of commission, half the gym equipment was broken, and our cable internet access never worked the entire time we stayed there! Our heater broke 3 times during the week and it took hours (and one night 24hours) for a repairman to be sent out...which meant we spent the night freezing to death at 30 degrees in snowy weather! When we asked for extra blankets, we were told they couldn't help us (that housekeeping is only available during the day). While we finally were offered another room, that one had no phone service or TV. Its one redeeming factor was the newly renovated bathrooms.

Breakfast was actually pretty decent: real hot eggs, or bacon, or pancakes, or hashbrowns and cold cereals and juices (the hot item changed each morning). The "manager's reception" (meatballs or chicken nuggets and cheap drinks, alcoholic and non, in the smoke-filled club/lounge) each afternoon almost qualified as dinner, too, so if the staff and ammenities hadn't been so lacking, it would have been a great deal. Sadly, we will never return and urge the manager to get some friendlier desk personnel! This is NOT the safest area, either. We cut our trip short and switched hotels up the road in Colonial Heights (where we stayed happily for a full month). Check out the Comfort Suites instead.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business
Stay - Over Suites
Stay - Over Suites
#3 of 7 in Hopewell
WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort Lee
WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort ...
#7 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee? Share your experiences!