“Fresh cuisine” 5 of 5 bubbles

County Seat Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Powhatan
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Fresh cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I work in Powhatan on Fridays now and have been visiting all the local eateries. The one I keep going back to is the County Seat Restaurant. The food tastes so fresh and gourmet. I love the menu item selection and the staff are so friendly. I am looking forward to trying their dessert. I ordered a whole caramel cake for my mother's birthday to pick up later today and just know it is going to taste delicious! The prices are so reasonable too!!

• Visited October 2012

Powhatan, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Find country cooking somewhere else!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I live in the area. I have been going to The County Seat off and on for the past 5 years. At first the service was decent, the food was good, and the prices were reasonable. In the past year they have all deteriorated. The service is some of the worst I have ever experienced. Often times you are greeted and not given menus. You have to hunt your waitress down to get ANYTHING! I waitressed for 6 years and it's a pretty common sense job. You give someone a straw for their drink, you refill their drink (and not 5 minutes before they leave!), you check on them after they get their food. The food is sub par, but the portions have gotten smaller and the only thing that hasn't gotten smaller is the price! I ate dinner there this week and I got the crab cake entree. It cost $17.95 for 2 crab cakes that were smaller than a deck of cards! My daughter got a hot dog that was stone cold and cost $4.50! Seriously! These people need to get a reality check. I have eaten lunch there with my mom and we have killed an 1 1/2 and we only got club sandwiches! The bathrooms are disgusting and are not kept very well. The times I have been there one of the owners was walking around checking on customers. She never once checked on us, and like I said previously I have been coming there off and on for the past 5 years. I think it's a joke that they're priding themselves on a family run restaurant. Save your time and money and make dinner at home with your family if you're wanting that experience.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karen H
“Good Down Home Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We love going to County Seat for the good food and friendly staff who remember that we have been in before and also remember what we like to drink. We usually have dinner here about once a week. Keep up the great work County Seat.

• Visited August 2012
Powhatan, Virginia, United States
“My Favorite Place To Go For Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I love brunch and this place is amazing! After moving to Powhatan, my husband and I made our way through all of the eateries in the area. We love to eat! We stumbled upon this quaint little restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff is warm, friendly and inviting. The food is always hot and fresh. They make the most wonderful homemade treats. We even dragged my in-laws to County Seat and they also fell in love. My brother in law recently moved to the area and now Sunday brunch is going to be a Sunday family tradition. Thank you County Seat for the warm welcome to Powhatan!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had the breakfast buffet at the County Seat this morning. It has the usual scrambled eggs, bacon, fried potatoes and biscuits that are all good. But the homemade muffins, French toast, cheese grits, and quiche were outstanding! Since it is buffet, service is quick and our coffee cups were kept filled! At $9.95 per person it is a great value. We will definitely return and take more of our family with us next time.

1 Thank Jackiemac1210