“My Favorite Place To Go For Sunday Brunch”

County Seat Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Powhatan
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I love brunch and this place is amazing! After moving to Powhatan, my husband and I made our way through all of the eateries in the area. We love to eat! We stumbled upon this quaint little restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff is warm, friendly and inviting. The food is always hot and fresh. They make the most wonderful homemade treats. We even dragged my in-laws to County Seat and they also fell in love. My brother in law recently moved to the area and now Sunday brunch is going to be a Sunday family tradition. Thank you County Seat for the warm welcome to Powhatan!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I had the breakfast buffet at the County Seat this morning. It has the usual scrambled eggs, bacon, fried potatoes and biscuits that are all good. But the homemade muffins, French toast, cheese grits, and quiche were outstanding! Since it is buffet, service is quick and our coffee cups were kept filled! At $9.95 per person it is a great value. We will definitely return and take more of our family with us next time.

1  Thank Jackiemac1210
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The people are super-friendly. If the weather's nice, you can sit our on the veranda and eat while watching the people pass by in this sleepy village. Quite relaxing. Much of the food tastes homemade. People looking for fancy won't get it here, but it's fancier than a diner. Just a nice, clean, local place with good food.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I like most of the food prepared by County Seat but the service and accuracy of orders is constantly off mark.
They have a wonderful brunch on the weekends and the atmosphere is definately that of a small town eatery.
The types of food served are homestyle so if your in the mood for some comfort food, you may want to try it, just make sure your not in a hurry. As several people noted, there are no apologies made for order screw ups or a hurry to fix them.
The food has always been fresh and at least this is a well lit resturant.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We eat, as a family, there every Thursday night....Service is DREADFULLY slow and uninspiring...Food is predictable, sure wish they would change it up now and again...Us old regulars would like to try some new things..A bit costly for the salad bar's limited offerings. More variety would make it worth the money.