“This hotel sucks”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pounding Mill
ROANOKE
“This hotel sucks”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in, I've had to stay here twice while working in the area and both times I hated it. Hotel is run down and dirty, staff is not very friendly. Always a bunch of weirdos hanging around too. The holiday inn express across the street is 20 times nicer and is only about 20 bucks more per night. There is also another super 8 25 mins away in Lebanon that is much cleaner and nicer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GMRichlands, General Manager at Super 8 Richlands/Claypool Hill Area, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I would like to thank you for your comments that you have posted during your stay at our Super 8 in Claypool Hill Virginia. Our number one goal is to meet everyone’s needs from a clean comfortable room and I see we did not meet your expectations.

I am sorry that you thought our hotel is run down and dirty. For all viewers of tripadvisor all of guest rooms were renovated in 2007 which included, carpet, beds, furniture, chairs, drapes and bedspreads. I will address the housekeeping issues with our staff.

Again I am truly sorry that we did not provide you the proper service you were expecting on your last visit to our Super 8 in Claypool Hill, Virginia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kansas KS
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great staff members...very help full abave and beyound willing to help us on what we need on directions around the area,,and more....Very,friendly...I feel I know them befor..we .will be back to stay.no questions.I Did not expact supper 8 will be in this qualty stander....keep the stander as it is if not more good price and clean place no smail...thank God!!...Thank you for all

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding most recent stay at our Super 8 in Claypool Hill, Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean comfortable room to friendly staff and I can see we did that.

I hope to see you the next time your travel takes you through the Claypool Hill, Virginia area.
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I generally don't like Super 8. But, there are not many choices in this area so we stayed here.
I was pleasantly surprised. We did get the Jacuzzi Room. It was very large and pretty nice!
The king size bed was very comfortable and the tub was great.
The breakfast.. not so much.... but in general we were happy with it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GranNan04
GMRichlands, General Manager at Super 8 Richlands/Claypool Hill Area, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay at our Super 8 in Claypool Hill. I am so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

You are correct that the hot tub rooms is a large and very comfortable room. I am sorry to hear that the breakfast did not meet your expectation. Super 8 just recently enhanced there breakfast selection to include waffles, their new signature Simply Cinnamon Roll, Farmers Brother Coffee and Florida Natural juices.

I hope to see you again if you are passing through the Claypool Hill, Virginia area.
Owings, Maryland
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We have stayed at the Super 8 near Claypool Hill several times over the years. We always receive a warm reception. The property owners work hard to keep the facility looking new and fresh. Their new breakfast bar is a great addition. I look forward to our next visit to the area and the Super 8.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank PamelaS4
Traveler
Reviewed May 11, 2008

I personally have found that Super 8 motels (as well as other chains) can go either way. Thankfully, this one is one of the good ones. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are well kept up. The breakfast was adequate and as good as any Super 8 around. The property has a good position sitting on the side of a hill looking over a valley. Virginia does have some of the nicest scenery around I've noticed. The people are quite nice as well.

• Liked — The staff were very nice
  • Disliked — Probably the breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Ozcfied
#2 of 2 in Lebanon
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 1 in Atkins

Been to Super 8 Richlands/Claypool Hill Area? Share your experiences!