“As Good As Ever!”

cafe europa
Ranked #5 of 187 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Suffolk, Virginia
“As Good As Ever!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I dined at Cafe Europa on our wedding anniversary. It had been a number of years since our last visit, and we were not disappointed.

The restaurant is perfect for a romantic, intimate dinner. The service was very attentive without being intrusive. The meal was absolutely delicious.

My wife enjoyed the dinner special, and while I'm a vegan/vegetarian, the chef (also owner) had no problem in creating a meal to meet my tastes. We were very impressed and satisfied with our entire experience.

Chesapeake, Virginia
“You can't go wrong”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The food is excellent, the staff friendly and the service is impeccable. There were five of us for dinner and all had a different entree. Each of us had an excellent dinner. The desserts, including the ice cream, are made at the restaurant. We had four different desserts and they were all excellent as well. This is without a doubt our favorite restaurant. We have been coming here for several years for special occasions. We have found this to be the best restaurant in the Hampton Roads area.

Richmond, VA
“Respite + !”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a beautiful restaurant, the food is excellent, the service friendly and impeccable. I was delighted that my entree was served piping hot and stayed that way to the last bite. They were very accommodating when it came to my gluten-free needs. I will go there again & again.

• Visited December 2012
“Favorite Restaurant for a Romantic Evening”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Cafe Europa has become our favorite place to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries.The atmosphere of the well-appointed cafe is low-lit and quiet, and the owners and staff are professional, yet very friendly. I prefer their entrees served with the chef's exquisite European sauces and my husband usually orders a seafood special. I recommend; if you order a sauce-covered appetizer or entree, keep a piece or two of your bread to gather up the remaining sauce before the server takes your empty plate. This method is much more civilized than licking your plate; and I guarantee, you will want to lick your plate. Please save room for desert!

• Visited March 2012
Berkshire
“Best Restaurant in Portsmouth/Norfolk Va”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

December 2012 - We were attending a conference in Norfolk at the Marriott Waterside and needed restaurants for each evening. We had some success with Sirena Cucina (good but almost empty) and 456 Fish (Quite good) and the Monastery (not suitable for British tastes - too bland) but needed a final one for our last night. After finding out that there was a ferry to Portsmouth we booked the Cafe Europa which is close to the ferry terminal.
All four of us thought this was an excellent restaurant with ambiance, excellent food, very good recommended wines, interesting menu and such good information and humour from the restaurant staff.
Would I go there again, would I recommend this to another visitor ...yes 10/10

Suitable for groups and couples.