“Pleasant surprise”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #76 of 209 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have not been to an Ihop in a while. There were four of us we popped in on a whim. The experience was great right from the start. We were seated quickly. True to form I never like the first table I am seated at. The waitress finally found us and we all had a good laugh. Our waitress Amy was great she was attentive and friendly. She took our orders without pen and paper and all our orders were correct to the smallest detail. I had breakfast which was perfectly cooked. Not everyone can make over easy eggs to my liking. My wife had the Pot Roast sandwich and was impressed. She had the same item in a Northern Va IHOP and commented this one was better a larger portion and a better value. Portions were ample and we were able to share. I had drifted away from IHOP in the past but Amy, great food and value will have us coming back time and time again.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The ladies on duty today were pleasant and prompt with service. I got my usual of pancake combo w/ rye toast instead of hash browns. The toast this time was just right.