“Great chicken”

Moseberth's Chicken Place
Ranked #20 of 191 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Excellent chicken,hot and juicy. Quick service. No atmosphere since it's mostly take out. Great value. Only thing I didn't like was hush puppies not crisp.

There are newer reviews for Moseberth's Chicken Place

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Wanting to try this place as I saw it on triple D. But was very disappointed as we walked in there was no tables in the restaurant. So we ended up leaving without trying the food:(

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Moseberth's is a one of a kind. This historic eatery was meant to be a take-out fried chicken restaurant and it has exceeded its goal. The best chicken, hush puppies,baked beans,etc., around. Reviewers attempt to make it into something it. was never meant to be.

1  Thank tatteredhokie
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I saw this restaurant on Dive, Diners, Dive-in on the Food Network Channel and the chicken looked so juicy on t.v. that I had to put that on my vacation stops. Well I finally was able to visit Virginia and stopped by this restaurant and the chicken tasted just as juicy as I saw on t.v. The people just kept coming while we were waiting for our orders. This place is not a sit-in restaurant, but it is still worth coming by and getting the chicken to go.

1  Thank MrsSan
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I prefer the chicken livers but they are best known for the chicken. It is good and I have friends that ask me to bring it to them. A Portsmouth Landmark with good food.