“Enjoyable Brunch”

Gosport Tavern
Ranked #12 of 192 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Has already been reviewed on yelp and urbanspoon.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Four of us had a very enjoyable brunch here on Sat 7/27/13. Our waiter Daniel was very knowledgeable and really added to the dining experience. We had the fried green tomatoes (average) and cheese and ham biscuits with sausage gravy (excellent) as appetizers. For our entrees two had the shrimp and grits and said they were very good. Another had a salad and said it was good and I had a burger which was very tasty and perfectly cooked. Overall a very enjoyable brunch and we look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My friends and I had been trying to get to this spot for a while and finally made it. I have to say that I didn't hear anyone at the table say, "Ooh, this is good", but no one complained either. It was pretty crowded at lunchtime so I think I expected a whole lot more. That's not to say that I didn't like it . . . I did. It is someplace I would go back to and maybe try something different.