“It has closed.”

Add it.
Rodman's Bones & Buddys
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Closed. Was a nice place for lunch. Great soups, outstanding BBQ, and satisfactory sandwiches. Pleasure hometown atmosphere with many familiar faces.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

They are known for their BBQ, but it has absolutely no seasoning. I make better BBQ. I work very close and will get in my car and go get fast food rather than walk to Rodman's at lunch.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

All my life I have eaten barbecue at some of the best places across the USA. This is the most flavorful I have ever had anywhere. It is so delicious that I think the owners should start a chain, as it would surely be successful. When I was a child, my parents would take me from Norfolk to Rodman's which was a well known family eatery in Portsmouth.
I noticed Frederick Military Academy yearbooks near the door, and was surprised that the owner was once a student there. There were even some of his high school friends there who said that they have been eating there all these years, and now they bring their grandchildren.
Every one was very friendly. Next week I plan to bring several friends. Almost everyone likes good barbecue!

Reviewed January 27, 2011

In Portsmouth Rodman's has been known for good food. But in this case that is not true. It has never been what the original Rodman's was. The food here sucks and is way over priced. Old people who have lost there taste buds and don't care if there sandwich is cold eat here and say it is great. Far from it IT SUCKS! Try at own risk!

1  Thank P-Town71
Reviewed December 4, 2009

When I still ate meat, this was a favorite place of mine. I love supporting our locally owned restaurants, and this place is a pretty much a historical landmark for Portsmouth now! The service is great, everyone there is wonderful. The Barbeque is AMAZING! For those not familiar with the place, it may seem like a little whole in the wall when you first walk in - but the food and service will quickly change your mind. Just a note: as of Dec 09, they still only accept checks and cash - no credit cards.