“This is my favorite local restaurant.”

Lobscouser Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 192 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have never had a bad meal here. Order the crab ball appetizer. They are good. I usually stick with their fish. The desserts are to die for so save some room.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Yes, the decor is dated, but the food is amazing! They have been there over 20 years, but their creativity and love for their craft shows in every dish. If you're more worried about decor over the quality of food, then go to Applebee's :)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went here because of Trip Advisor reviews. It looked a little gloomy from the outside and I almosts didn't go in, but decided to take a chance. The food was good, seemed like someone had put some thought into it. The atmosphere was a bit gloomy and sad, and the furnishings were old and worn. I think it must have been one of those historic places that just gets dated instead of quaint. The crab dip was tasty and I would order it again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here because of it. The seafood parmesan had nice chunks of lobster and plenty of shrimp and scallops in a creamy sauce. The waitress was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

On the past 2 visits, my husband and I both had the pecan encrusted tilapia with cheddar curry sauce. Very tasty. Generous portions at a good price.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Set in the historical district of Portsmouth, the Lobscouser provided a nice relief from our hotel food. We took advantage of the early bird specials and were not disappointed. We both had the broiled scallops. Service was good and so was the food. For dessert we had the Drunken Monkey. Puff pastry, bananas soaked in rum, ice cream, chocolate sauce and it was good. The prices were very reasonable for meal served. Enjoyable evening.