“Disappointing”
Review of Brutti's - CLOSED

Brutti's
Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High Street
Description: Our dining room has a warm, comfortable feeling as well and you can hear jazz here on weekend nights. Breakfast and lunch are served daily and dinner is available six nights a week, so the restaurant serves both business and casual crowds. Our neighborhood bistro offers an upscale menu and delivers great food and friendly surroundings. Outdoor patio, take-out, jazz entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went for Sunday Brunch. Wanted something like Eggs Benedict. My choices were scrambled eggs in 4 varieties and omelettes fom the menu or a very expensive buffet. Buffett was breakfast items with scrambled eggs & omelettes or lunch/dinner items like fried chicken, fried fish, vegetable mix along with a roast beef carving station. We all four of us decided to finish our high priced adult beverages and go to a nearby restaurant. I was disappointed and embarrassed for our out of town guests.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Stormy T

Norfolk, Virginia
“Easter Brunch / Sunday Brunch / Go to Golden Corral or Shoney's”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The restaurant was very crowded. There was constant pushing, elbows, hips and movement trying to eat and people getting to the breakfast bar. This was very annoying. The food was not very good. The variety was typical for a regular Brunch. Nothing special. Nothing tasted very good or outstanding. I thought the food was rather bland. The staff was having a hard time keeping the sterno fires burning and therefore had a hard time keeping the food warm. The vegetables were hard and dried up. I was not happy with the $23.95 for such a poor buffet. I think Golden Corral or Shoney's would have been much better.

• Visited March 2013
Rice VA
“High Carbs!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My sister and I went for a late lunch. I eat mostly veggies and go light on carbohydrates. This was probably not a good restaurant choice for me. I opted for a spinach salad and asked that grilled chicken be added along with vinegar and oil dressing. There were only 2 other tables besides ours so there was no reason to expect any mix ups here yet our waiter, Joseph, had a very hard time keeping my order straight - he forgot to add the chicken and brought only oil and had to be asked again for vinegar. He apologized for the chicken and offered to put in an order for it. Because of time constraints, I decided to eat the salad as is - very heavy on onions and not really worth the price of the salad. My sister ordered a bowl of potato soup. She asked if it was large enough to be a meal and Joseph told her someone had ordered mac and cheese with it the day before and really enjoyed it. Well, the soup was most generous and the mac and cheese was definitely not needed. Again, LOTS of carbs here!! I think this is probably more of a drinks and pizza kind of place. Joseph would NOT be a waiter I would ever request!!

• Visited February 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“23 for a Sunday Brunch? Come on...”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was ridiculously expensive for what was basically a low class Sunday Brunch. Drinks were SUPER expensive & had very little in the way of alcohol in the 3 Mimosas & 1 Bloody Mary (think Tomato Juice with nothing else in it). The food was not in any way special. I am SO UPSET that I scheduled brunch for 5 people & and it was overpriced & underprepared. Just YUCK. If there were some way to get my money back I'd be all over it.

The server was okay....not particularly attentive but not rude...we always tip 20 % & this time was no different...not that it was worth it in any way...

• Visited January 2013
“Great gobs of crab cake!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Awesome environment for a Daddy Daughter date or with the whole family. Chicken pesto pizza was awesome. Reuben with the homemade fries, 5 of 5. No matter what you order for main dish, you absolutely have to try the crab cake! Almost the whole thing is crab, not much bread crumbs or other filler. Great restaurant for any occasion.