“Outstanding”

Mannino's Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mannino's Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 193 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino's Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas' at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Cafe Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey's Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hampton Roads Iron Chef competition.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Came on a whim and a recommendation.
Décor was very comfortable. Staff was very Friendly.
Antipasto Plate was out of this world. And my ala vodka shrimp special was absolutely amazing.
Owner/Partner/Manager came by at the end. Clearly involved in floor operations and very grateful. Small business is always my first choice and this is why. I live near their other location and I will be trying that one as well. But as of today . . . This place gets my highest rating we will be back.
(Side note - - might want to cover wine steps of service, that was only complaint, no tasting, men served before women, cork screw was screwed in to far and popped cork into wine etc. OTHER wise flawless)

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My coworker and I had dinner Thursday night. We had an appetizer, salad, entree and desert. We enjoyed the stack and hot sausage special Wow! Italian food done right...we will be back in Febuary as our project ramps up. Keep up the good work

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I lived in Philadelphia for about ten years before moving to Portsmouth, and I got really spoiled for serious Italian food living there. Since opening in Olde Towne just before the holidays, Mannino's has more than filled a longstanding void for great Italian cooking around here. I've been to Mannino's about six times since it opened, and it's everything I've missed about South Philly! The pasta, the veal, a moderate winelist--a genuine neighborhood trattoria. Even better, they've been offering $10 bottles of wine on Monday nights! This is the real thing. Welcome to P-town!!!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and friends visited about two weeks after they opened. Our meals were quite delicious. A friend and I visited on December 15th prior to attending the VA Symphony Holiday Pops. She had a veal dish and I had the oysters. Our meals were delicious. The oysters were plump, lightly breaded and lots of them. I was able to take some home to my husband for lunch the next day. The sauteed spinach was great. It was my first time trying acorn squash and I am hooked. We are certainly hoping that Mannino's has found a permanent home here in Portsmouth.

Geraldine

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Mannino's addition of Portsmouth to their sister restaurants in Virginia Beach is wonderful. I've had fish specials twice and pasta once - all quite pleasing. The calamari is some of the best I've ever had anywhere! It's warm and inviting and the staff is quite pleasant. The wine list is nice with a lot of wines in the $20-$30 range - even a private label that's very good. Love it !