“Stove was a huge disappointment”
Review of Stove

Stove
Ranked #10 of 189 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Stove was a huge disappointment”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We visited Stove with much excitement and anticipation. We had read reviews and browsed the menu online and couldn't wait to experience it for ourselves. What a disappointment. We found the food mediocre and the service even worse. Clearly we were not a high priority to the wait staff because the key word for the evening was WAIT. We used a Groupon, but even at half price this wasn't worth the money. We'll go elsewhere next time.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank sleeplessatthebeach

Summerville, South Carolina
“Impressed & Surprised & Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I can not believe how good the food is here.
Stove is in the Mayberry Section of Portsmouth. So when you get there do not be surprised that go pass it several times. Anyways .. I made reservations a week in advance an was placed in the bar. Typically I would be pissed out of my mind but the bartender was truly amazing. He was our server and his suggestions where outstanding. He recommend a cheese plate for an appetizer and it was the best kinda cheese this mouth has tasted. My husband had a beef dish and I had the grouper. My husband loved the beef loin and I devoured my grouper. This is my favorite spot in Portsmouth..I had a groupon for this culinary adventure and I can not wait till they post another one because without it we wouldn't be able to experience Stove.. . Oh be warned the decor is a bit unusually but its the perfect conversation starter.

“Eclectic dinner experience”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We are local and have attempted many times to get a reservation, but they are always booked. One random try and we got in. It was worth the wait. We are "foodies" and like well a good over-all dining experience, and this was exceptional. Service, atmosphere, wine, etc. A+. Unique. Cheese platter was expansive, salads superb, each plate a symphony. I had the fresh fish, my husband had tenderloin: perfection. Dessert- WOAH. Well prepared food is not cheap, this isn't an exception. People who are willing to pay a bit more for exceptional food, wine, and service will enjoy this restaurant.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Stove continues to impress”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stove is in an out of the way area of Portsmouth, VA. However is is well worth the effort to get there. Whenever we want to impress someone with fresh ingredients with a focus on local sourcing - we take them there. One of the best restaurants in the area.

“Enjoyable”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We live in Norfolk and wanted to do something different one evening, so we headed over to Portsmouth to check out Sove. I am glad we did! The bread was fsu and unique and paired well with the cheese plate we ordered. My husband and I both love small plates because we love to taste lots of different food. The scallops and pork 4 ways were our favorites. We didn't save room for dessert, but will definitely go back and save room next time. A great find!!