I checked into this hotel not really expecting much other than a standard Marriott property. I was mistaken. From check-in until check-out the service was exceptional. The hotel clerks were very accommodating and friendly. The first night I ate in the hotel bar and was surprised at the level of service that was given. The waitress saw that I was in between choices and suggested a significant modification to a menu dish. It was exceptional. She stated that they were able to do most modifications and that was not to far out of the norm. A+ for her customer service.
The rooms were very comfortable and the views delightful. I have to agree with a previous poster that the walls are very thin and I also felt that my neighbor at times was in my room. Fortunately they went to sleep prior to me so it did not disturb my rest.
The rooms are well maintained and clean. I also had the opportunity to talk with the maid, also very customer service oriented, and she was able to take care of my needs as well.
I think really what makes this place so stellar is the excellent CS. In all the years of traveling and numerous hotels I have stayed this would have to be my number one choice for customer service. I would highly recommend this property. Thanks for the great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending traditional elegance and modern style, our waterside Norfolk, VA area hotel in the historic downtown district of Olde Towne Portsmouth provides calming comfort and soothing relaxation. The Renaissance Portsmouth hotel boasts a hip location overlooking the vibrant, revitalized waterfront and offers stunning views of the Elizabeth River. Set above the harbor, the Portsmouth Ballroom's unique outdoor terrace, part of the 24,000 square feet of Norfolk area hotel meeting space, provides a stunning reception area sure to draw rave reviews from your guests. This updated luxurious Norfolk, Virginia area hotel also features 23 meeting rooms including a 70-seat Amphitheater. Savor the atmosphere of this waterside hotel in Portsmouth at Foggy Point Bar & Grill, presenting a selection of fresh seafood. Visitors to the area can enjoy the unique experience of taking the nearby water taxi across to many of the Norfolk business and visitor destinations including the Norfolk Naval facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel And Waterfront Conference Center
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Portsmouth