I stayed here during the Christmas holiday.This is a beautiful hotel. But I have to say the service I received here was horrible. And this is the first time I experience this level of service at ANY hotel chain . When I checked in I was given a smoking room with no ash tray and only one bathrobe per room when 2 guests were staying there. I thought of this as no big deal until I called the front desk and requested to have another bathrobe and ashtrays brought up. Neither of these requests was satisfied when I returned to the hotel later that evening on the first night. In fact I had to go downstairs to the front desk to receive an ashtray and he informed me that they only give out 1 bathroom per room. This was odd especially staying on the concierge level.
> The second day before I left my room I called front desk to have my linens changed and more towels. When I went past front desk I also reminded them of the request as well. When I returned later that night this request was NOT fulfilled at all. The bed looked the same. I then went downstairs again to complain about this mishap and I was given 2 options nonchalantly, I could be given new sheets to change my self or I could move all my belongings to another room of the same type for my inconvenience. I choose the latter and with that I hade to move in the middle of my last night at he property to another room with no help with my belongings.
> The very next day before checkout, I went down to the Concierge Lounge to enjoy the breakfast. I was not greeted by a very unfriendly Concierge. There was no food ready due to it was 40mins until closing. After waiting around she finally brought SOME items out and a hurried fashion and in a rushed demeanor pretty much gave my guest and I the feeling of "Get your items and go, so I can close" Saying things like Are you getting any more". As you can see my experience here was at best HORRIBLE especially during my Christmas vacation.Such a shame though such a pleasant hotel SHOULD have the same caliber of service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending traditional elegance and modern style, our waterside Norfolk, VA area hotel in the historic downtown district of Olde Towne Portsmouth provides calming comfort and soothing relaxation. The Renaissance Portsmouth hotel boasts a hip location overlooking the vibrant, revitalized waterfront and offers stunning views of the Elizabeth River. Set above the harbor, the Portsmouth Ballroom's unique outdoor terrace, part of the 24,000 square feet of Norfolk area hotel meeting space, provides a stunning reception area sure to draw rave reviews from your guests. This updated luxurious Norfolk, Virginia area hotel also features 23 meeting rooms including a 70-seat Amphitheater. Savor the atmosphere of this waterside hotel in Portsmouth at Foggy Point Bar & Grill, presenting a selection of fresh seafood. Visitors to the area can enjoy the unique experience of taking the nearby water taxi across to many of the Norfolk business and visitor destinations including the Norfolk Naval facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Agoda, Hotel.de, Reservation Counter, HRS, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Portsmouth
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel And Waterfront Conference Center