I HAD A TOUR GROUP IN HERE, 40 people, over Azalea Festival weekend - I chose it for it seemed the most affordable of the really upscale Norfolk/Porstmouth hotels, the central location, and the views. I WAS DELIGHTED. the group sales department was very friendly and competent. I confirm everything many times and all went perfectly. The hotel is lovely and clean, the staff super-friendly and attentive and well dressed, the public areas grand and inviting, the front desk very polite and helpful, the breakfast buffet was a huge hit with my group members and i found the food excellent and vairied - and a view of the navy yard from the windows. The room was beautiful and CLEAN, the maid service was prompt and excellent. View from the room spectacular. I have owned a tour company since 1980, and stayed in many hotels, and have had all sorts of experiences in them - from fabulous to disasters, as you may imagine. This place was great and I certainly would look forward to a return there with a group. I got no complants anything - not of the distance from the front entrance to the desk and on to the dining room and then elevators from my very elderly folks. The elevators, by the way, are amazingly punctual - no long waits as in many high-rise hotels. There was a free web/access computer with a large screen in the lobby that i used frequently, and there is free wifi from the very comfortable lobby (someone in my group said that they got free wifi in their room by chosing "lobby" from the wifi menu when they were in their room, but I don't know about that for sure). I read all of the bad reviews of this p[lace as I aleays do, and I would't pay any attention to them - some hic cups in the maid service I guess and those other issues mentioned certainly were not in evidence when I was here in April ('14). All of the construction problems vis a vis the access to Norfolk are FINISHED and, no, there are no tolls on that tunnel. The hotel is steps away from beautiful historic Olde Towne Portsmouth and right on the Elizabeth River Esplanade with spectacular views of the Norfolk skyline and the Portwsmouth Navy Yard for pleasant strolls. I recommend the Cafe Europa in center Portsmouth for a great high-end dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending traditional elegance and modern style, our waterside Norfolk, VA area hotel in the historic downtown district of Olde Towne Portsmouth provides calming comfort and soothing relaxation. The Renaissance Portsmouth hotel boasts a hip location overlooking the vibrant, revitalized waterfront and offers stunning views of the Elizabeth River. Set above the harbor, the Portsmouth Ballroom's unique outdoor terrace, part of the 24,000 square feet of Norfolk area hotel meeting space, provides a stunning reception area sure to draw rave reviews from your guests. This updated luxurious Norfolk, Virginia area hotel also features 23 meeting rooms including a 70-seat Amphitheater. Savor the atmosphere of this waterside hotel in Portsmouth at Foggy Point Bar & Grill, presenting a selection of fresh seafood. Visitors to the area can enjoy the unique experience of taking the nearby water taxi across to many of the Norfolk business and visitor destinations including the Norfolk Naval facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel And Waterfront Conference Center
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Portsmouth