It wasn't a horrible stay but they missed there mark on the supposed superior quality on quite a few instances. My fiance and I stayed there in conjuntion with my companie's holiday party, as we were preparing for the nights activities, I went to pull the ice bucket from out of the stand. Because it was full of water from a previous night's (previous customers) stay, it splashed all over my suit, and I just put the bucket down on the floor, called the desk and informed the staff of my bucket issue and left. When we returned an hour later, the staff had brought up a another black low quality bucket, and sat it ON THE FLOOR right next to where I had placed the first (still water filled) bucket. During my stay, my fiance went to purchase a cosmetic item from the hotel convenience store. After twenty minutes of trying to swipe and/or key the information from her card, the front desk personnel could not figure out how to ring it up and told her to not worry about it. Before check out, I attempted to fill out a customer service form that was located in the room....That form had been previously filled out by a previous cutomer. The following Monday my fiance had a fifty dollar charge for a complimentary item on her card, had to call the hotel and after an hour of speaking to several folks her charge was cleared. One last issue is the distance from the front entrance to the front desk...and then the front desk to the elevators, both are very long walks, combined they are a mini marathon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending traditional elegance and modern style, our waterside Norfolk, VA area hotel in the historic downtown district of Olde Towne Portsmouth provides calming comfort and soothing relaxation. The Renaissance Portsmouth hotel boasts a hip location overlooking the vibrant, revitalized waterfront and offers stunning views of the Elizabeth River. Set above the harbor, the Portsmouth Ballroom's unique outdoor terrace, part of the 24,000 square feet of Norfolk area hotel meeting space, provides a stunning reception area sure to draw rave reviews from your guests. This updated luxurious Norfolk, Virginia area hotel also features 23 meeting rooms including a 70-seat Amphitheater. Savor the atmosphere of this waterside hotel in Portsmouth at Foggy Point Bar & Grill, presenting a selection of fresh seafood. Visitors to the area can enjoy the unique experience of taking the nearby water taxi across to many of the Norfolk business and visitor destinations including the Norfolk Naval facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel And Waterfront Conference Center
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Portsmouth