“Nice entry tile, love the abundence of TV's, disappointing food.”
Review of Griff's

Ranked #56 of 206 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I took my daughter to Griff's for dinner one night. There's maybe 3 other people in the place when we were there. The waitress was pleasant, although unprepared. Having to go in the back and ask gets old after the second time. We ordered the crab dip with tortilla chips. It was white, somewhat cheesy and tasted like it came out of a can. I don't remember tasting any crab in the crab dip (maybe crab was optional, or extra). I ordered the 12 ounce rib-eye and my daughter ordered the "home made meatloaf." We'll skip the salad critique since most of the places in Olde Towne Portsmouth have problems with this.
The home made meatloaf was a large portion, somewhat seasoned, with a very salty gravy. The baked potato was average and the potato salad was creamy. My daughter nibbled on it and asked for a box. It now resides in my garbage pale outside.
My 12 ounce rib-eye arrived cooked medium rare as ordered. Half of it was quite good, the other half was full of fat, cartilage and something other then the high priced meat I ordered. When I asked the waitress about the cut of meat I received, I was told "that's the way they all are." This response came after a trip in the back of course. If I'm only going to get 6 ounces of edible meat, shouldn't I be charged for 6 ounces, instead of 12 ounces? It's funny, we went to Texas Roadhouse just yesterday. I ordered a 12 ounce piece of meat and received just that. All edible. Wow! Getting what one pays for. The bill for 3 people at Texas Roadhouse was 5 dollars more then the bill at Griff's. We had drinks, great meat and dessert. The salad was decent as well.
I remember when Griff's used to be packed; now I know why it's not.
Do yourself a favor. Don't waste your hard earned money eating at a below average establishment like Griff's. People work way too hard for their money now a days.