“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Portsmouth
Michigan, United States
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed on a Saturday evening... very quiet. Easy and friendly check in. Nice room on 2nd floor - very nice area to do laundry! Comfortable clean room, no issues! Nice, simle breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TRGS49091

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The first thing we noticed when entering the room was a very loud knocking noise. It turned out to be the refridgerator. There is no way we could live with that noice so we had to unplug the unit. Then I turned on the A/C. It immediately sounded like a plane taking off. I let it run for about 30 minutes thinking the noise would go down but it didn't so we had to turn off the A/C and just run the fan to keep the air moving. There was a dead bug on the sink and some black hairs in the tub. I also found some longer black hair in my bed. We checked out the very next morning. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: We also stayed in a Holiday Inn and Hilton Garden Inn. My advise would be to avoid the Comfort Inn...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kent h
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I am really impressed by this place! I was told that it was really dirty and the area was all "hood". That there was crackheads and it was just completely disgusting. Also, people said that they should lower their prices? Why? You get a pool (outdoor) a very nice full breakfast, a clean comfortable room (really nice beds), The workout center, a room with furniture in the lobby with a computer (which is what I'm using now), a laundry room...I'm only paying 101.00 and I think its a great deal! I'm out here because my son has surgery in the morning and it's at Portsmouth naval. I really don't understand the bad reviews this place is great and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Victoria A
London
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We discovered the Comfort Inn in Portsmouth Olde Town after a long day on the road, having driven up from South Carolina. We didn't have a booking, and the main thing we were looking for was a room on the south side of the Chesapeake Bay bridge / tunnel. The lady on the front desk was so helpful, and so welcoming - exactly what you want when you are tired, hungry and not entirely sure where you are. The rates are great, the rooms are large and clean and the complementary breakfast got off to a great start the next day.

The hotel is a relatively short walk from several restaurants, and we were given some great advice on where to go. If you find yourself in Portsmouth, I highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank _MissLulaMaeBarnes
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I had to make a late reservation (3 days) due to a change in plans, but I received a good rate for just the type of stay I was looking for. This hotel stay for me was all about a clean, quiet, comfortable room/bed with a clean, hot shower. When I'm traveling, that's really all I care about. If I am planning on staying in a specific area for a few days, I'll pay more for a room for the creature comforts.
With that being said, I would STILL use this hotel as a base of operations should I return to the area.
The neighborhood is under revitalization, and it's right on the edge of beautiful olde town. There are a lot of fast food restaurants close by, a 7-11, and a Starbucks across the street.
The room I stayed in was large, with one Queen bed (I slept like a baby, but I was also very road-weary), a small fridge and a small microwave. There was also a table with chairs that I didn't use.
The wi-fi is free, and is available both wired and wireless.
I was on the 2nd floor, and I didn't hear any noise from outside, and none from inside either.
The continental breakfast does offer make-your-own waffles, but I just grabbed some fruit and got back on the road.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Although this is a new hotel it has a homestyle charm about it. The management team and staff members are top notch and spare no time in making a stay here very nice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I had business in Portsmouth so my husband and son tagged along to travel through Hampton Roads. The Comfort Inn provided a good location for all of us. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was more than accomodating - since there were only double beds, not queens, we asked for a roll away bed that was surprisingly comfortable. There was refrigerator in the room and a very nice pool. Breakfast was basic - toast, cereal, waffle maker. I would have liked yogurt and my guys would have lked eggs so they decamped to the McDonalds across the street.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank parishfm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portsmouth
Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel
Courtyard Norfolk Downtown
Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown
Super Value Inn Ports Mouth/Olde Town Area
Norfolk Waterside Marriott
Riverwalk Inn & Suites Portsmouth

Been to Comfort Inn Olde Town? Share your experiences!