“Why all the bad reviews??”

Quality Inn Olde Town
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I am really impressed by this place! I was told that it was really dirty and the area was all "hood". That there was crackheads and it was just completely disgusting. Also, people said that they should lower their prices? Why? You get a pool (outdoor) a very nice full breakfast, a clean comfortable room (really nice beds), The workout center, a room with furniture in the lobby with a computer (which is what I'm using now), a laundry room...I'm only paying 101.00 and I think its a great deal! I'm out here because my son has surgery in the morning and it's at Portsmouth naval. I really don't understand the bad reviews this place is great and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Victoria A

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We discovered the Comfort Inn in Portsmouth Olde Town after a long day on the road, having driven up from South Carolina. We didn't have a booking, and the main thing we were looking for was a room on the south side of the Chesapeake Bay bridge / tunnel. The lady on the front desk was so helpful, and so welcoming - exactly what you want when you are tired, hungry and not entirely sure where you are. The rates are great, the rooms are large and clean and the complementary breakfast got off to a great start the next day.

The hotel is a relatively short walk from several restaurants, and we were given some great advice on where to go. If you find yourself in Portsmouth, I highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank _MissLulaMaeBarnes
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I had to make a late reservation (3 days) due to a change in plans, but I received a good rate for just the type of stay I was looking for. This hotel stay for me was all about a clean, quiet, comfortable room/bed with a clean, hot shower. When I'm traveling, that's really all I care about. If I am planning on staying in a specific area for a few days, I'll pay more for a room for the creature comforts.
With that being said, I would STILL use this hotel as a base of operations should I return to the area.
The neighborhood is under revitalization, and it's right on the edge of beautiful olde town. There are a lot of fast food restaurants close by, a 7-11, and a Starbucks across the street.
The room I stayed in was large, with one Queen bed (I slept like a baby, but I was also very road-weary), a small fridge and a small microwave. There was also a table with chairs that I didn't use.
The wi-fi is free, and is available both wired and wireless.
I was on the 2nd floor, and I didn't hear any noise from outside, and none from inside either.
The continental breakfast does offer make-your-own waffles, but I just grabbed some fruit and got back on the road.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Although this is a new hotel it has a homestyle charm about it. The management team and staff members are top notch and spare no time in making a stay here very nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I had business in Portsmouth so my husband and son tagged along to travel through Hampton Roads. The Comfort Inn provided a good location for all of us. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was more than accomodating - since there were only double beds, not queens, we asked for a roll away bed that was surprisingly comfortable. There was refrigerator in the room and a very nice pool. Breakfast was basic - toast, cereal, waffle maker. I would have liked yogurt and my guys would have lked eggs so they decamped to the McDonalds across the street.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank parishfm
Reviewed February 19, 2011

this hotel definitely has bed bugs the company paid for a week stay and i now have bug bites all over my body from do not go to this hotel and breakfast was not like other comfort inns not a good breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2010

The front desk manager accommodated our group with room upgrades as they became available. All maintenance issues were resolved quickly, and the housekeeping staff accommodated our late room cleanings. There are other nicer hotels across the tunnel, but for our purposes, we appreciated the nice environment and friendly staff. Bring a flash drive; there is no printer connection to the common computer, however, I used the front desk computer often to print documents.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portsmouth
Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Super Value Inn Ports Mouth/Olde Town Area
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 42 in Chesapeake
The Mermaids' Porch Bed and Breakfast

Been to Quality Inn Olde Town? Share your experiences!