“Businss + Family trip to Portsmouth”

Quality Inn Olde Town
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I had business in Portsmouth so my husband and son tagged along to travel through Hampton Roads. The Comfort Inn provided a good location for all of us. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was more than accomodating - since there were only double beds, not queens, we asked for a roll away bed that was surprisingly comfortable. There was refrigerator in the room and a very nice pool. Breakfast was basic - toast, cereal, waffle maker. I would have liked yogurt and my guys would have lked eggs so they decamped to the McDonalds across the street.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank parishfm

Reviewed February 19, 2011

this hotel definitely has bed bugs the company paid for a week stay and i now have bug bites all over my body from do not go to this hotel and breakfast was not like other comfort inns not a good breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2010

The front desk manager accommodated our group with room upgrades as they became available. All maintenance issues were resolved quickly, and the housekeeping staff accommodated our late room cleanings. There are other nicer hotels across the tunnel, but for our purposes, we appreciated the nice environment and friendly staff. Bring a flash drive; there is no printer connection to the common computer, however, I used the front desk computer often to print documents.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Very clean, staff very helpful & rooms very roomy. Plan on comming back very soon. Highly recommend everyone to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank rsalcedo1
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I was up most of the night itching and scratching! In the morning, I checked out a day early. I chose not to eat their continental breakfast due to cleanliness! I spoke with the desk clerk, the manager and then I filed a formal complaint with the company. This hotel seems to be under the impression it was "my fault" for not reporting the problem in the middle of the night. My daughter was in the hospital and I just needed to sleep and be prepared for meetings and major decisions in the morning. Besides, if there are bugs in my room, it never dawned on me there wouldn't be bugs in ALL rooms! I found a much nicer and clean hotel. When I spoke with someone there, they said local churches pick up homeless people and purchase a room for them. I am all for supporting those in need; however, I do not wish to stay where bugs run rampant! A big waste of $100....no sleep, bug bites and rude management! DO NOT EVER STAY THERE! IT WILL BE A HUGE MISTAKE!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
comfortinn268, Manager at Quality Inn Olde Town, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2010

Dear Guest,
Firstly I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had to face during your recent visit to our hotel. At Comfort Inn we take utmost care to make sure that our hotel rooms are very clean and comfort able . Your feed back was taken very seriously and the exterminator was contacted immediately. He thoroughly checked the entire room but did not find any signs of bugs . We have a report from him specifying the same.
We , the management of comfort Inn again sincerely apologize and assure that we take guest feed back seriously and try to make every stay comfortable .

Reviewed October 15, 2009

Besides the ammenities, the staff is very friendly . They were an excellent help with the directions.
Also the cleanest hotel i have ever seen. Thank you for the comfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2009

This was the worst hotel ever! There are BED BUGS EVERYWHERE!! I was so upset because we had small children (1 to 3yrs) on the bed. I strayed with lysol, however that night we did not see them. But beleiive me in the morning my nephew started crying and when I looked he had several bite marks on his shoulder, I moved the sheets and there they were BED BUGS!!! The manager can in the look, and said that they spray often. He evern thought we brought the bugs! I know they were bed bugs b/c I looked it up online. THe manager was highly rude, however did give us an complete refund. When I moved te mattress of the bed, there were TONS OF THEM. Please dont stay here!!!!!! I will never! I have several others #s Im going to contact. I took several pics, @ $100 a night there should have been better service!

HOrrible!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank smrouson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portsmouth
Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown
Super Value Inn Ports Mouth/Olde Town Area

Been to Quality Inn Olde Town? Share your experiences!