“NEVER AGAIN!!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The decor is pretty cheap and it didn't help that at all of their overhead table lights had colored lightbulbs. I happened to sit at a "red" table and I felt like i was sitting under a roasting lamp. It also gave all of my food a red hue which was completely off putting. I had the veggie fajitas which were particularly boring. it came with a side of beans (with very little cheese), lettuce (somewhat wilted), a small tomato slice, and guacamole. the guacamole had a peculiar chemical taste. the only saving grace on the fajitas was the presentation - the smoke and sizzle from the plate lasted a good five minutes and gave me a nice mini facial which was nice on a rainy day. I had initially gone there to try the lunch buffet ($6.99) but the waitress said there was nothing vegetarian on it. Now whether or not she understood what vegetarian meant is questionable. another annoying thing was she kept calling me "lady" and for some reason that really bothered me today. she also brought me a box that i could only fit half of my food in - another annoyance. all in all i won't be going back there. if you're in this location I would definitely spend the extra 10 minutes to drive to Plaza Azteca by the AMC 24 - much better food and decor... you wont feel like you're in some back ally dive bar in Tijuana. JUST DON'T DO IT!

Reviewed November 22, 2011

We went here for lunch on a Tuesday, so it was fairly empty. I know this place is "hopping" on the weekends, but it was obviously a weekday when we were there. The food is good, solid Mexican food that tastes like any other Mexican restaurant I have been to. This is not a bad thing at all--it's just average Mexican food.

Our table got lunch buffets and fajitas from the menu. We liked the flavor of the fajitas--they were very large too. However, they were large portions because they gave us the dinner portion of fajitas--and charged us more for them too! We specifically asked for "lunch fajitas". Service was spotty as they obviously had trouble with any orders other than the standard lunch buffet. The atmosphere is nice and I can see why it is a nice hang out for the local folks.

To be fair, we do not usually eat at local Mexican restaurants, so maybe we're just not used to it. Maybe they are all like this? Anyway, I might go here again only for a more "late night" scene if I want to drink fun margaritas and down chips/salsa late into the night. Again, an average place overall.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

I love the taquitos! Great lunch buffet and always packs a crowd. Definitely my favorite Mexican food on the Peninsula :)

Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is a place we go often. They have a variety of Mexican dishes and I have yet to try one that was bad. I especially like the fajitas, the chimichangas, and the shrimp and rice. Their burrito special is the best meal in town for under $6. They serve two sizes of margaritas and the jumbo is as much as anyone really needs. The also serve beer, including Dos Equis, in two sizes, the large size is a HUGE 24 oz. mug! Some Fridays they have two guitar players who sing songs in Spanish. Saturday night they usually have karaoke in the back part of the restaurant. This generates a large crowd and most seem to be having a great time. Not a fancy place, but good food at reasonable prices and a great atmosphere.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Was in town on our way to the beach, and we were told we had to try the lunch buffet. Can't remember the price off the top of my head, but it was cheap. Was surprised that they still had the buffet on a Saturday.

Food was awesome. Didn't know about a mexican buffet, but I was pleasantly surprised. Many selections and alot of toppings, and all was good. Service was great, just not all that friendly, but that doesn't bother me. Drinks were full and plates were cleared, that's all that matters to me.

A little ways off I64 (roughly 10 minutes), but if you're traveling through and in the mood for some Mexican, it is a great spot for lunch.

1  Thank Pens4821