“Food Was Excellent!”
Review of Harvest Restaurant

Harvest Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Pembroke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
White House, TN
“Food Was Excellent!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We made our reservation for Mountain Lake Lodge in 2012 when they still offered the meal plan. Breakfast and dinner was included in the room price. Not sure how much we would have eaten at each dinner if we had to pay for it separately. With that said, we tried just about everything on the menu over our 4-night stay. The food was excellent and the portions were more than generous. My wife and I are not big eaters, but we had an appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert nearly every night. I highly recommend the chocolate mousse cake. My wife's favorite was the peanut butter pie. The breakfast was very good as well (buffet style), but could have served more of a variety of fresh fruit. Next time we visit, we hope to be able to eat on the porch area which has a beautiful view overlooking the hotel grounds, but a small group had it reserved for our entire stay this year. We look forward to another visit in 2014.

• Visited September 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Yummy”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very good food and wonderful variety. We were told the chef was new and working on a new menu. He uses seasonal local produce and products. There were 10 of us and Jon, our server, did a great job.

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Some good, some not so good”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I'd have to give our visit to Harvest at Mountain Lake Lodge a mixed review. We had reservations, were seated promptly, and our server introduced himself and brought a basket of bread and the water we asked for. We found the menu a bit confusing. It said at the top that dinners came with sweet bread, corn bread, and "chef's accompaniments." Server didn't seem to know what those were. Apparently that meant whatever was on the menu for each entree, not something that came with all entrees. One of the dinners showed garlic bread as part of the meal, so three breads? I ordered the crab cake dinner and my husband boneless braised short ribs. Have to admit the crab cake was positively excellent - very generous size, plenty of lightly seasoned crab and almost no filler - accompanied by a small serving of seasoned creamed corn. The short ribs, on the other hand were tender but far to much attached inedible fat - big chunks of fat. Portions were on the small side considering the price. I'm not a big eater but cleaned my plate with room to spare, something I rarely do at a good restaurant.

Most managers will prompt the server to say things like, "Can I start you off with an appetizer?", "would you like to see the wine list?", "would you like to add a salad?", "how about some dessert?" Not here. Too much pushing is too much but here it's almost like they don't care to encourage or feature those things. Seems like it would be to their benefit to call attention to possible additions to the meal.

The atmosphere was casual, almost spartan. The plain wooden table could have been improved by a table cloth, perhaps a simple candle and/or a flower.

The overall experience was okay, but nothing to rave about.

• Visited September 2013
Terre Haute, IN
“Pricey and Takes too Long!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

After being told we only had to wait about 10-15 mins, we ended up waiting about 40 mins. Granted, we didn't have reservations, but another couple did and they weren't seated until after 45 mins of their reserved time. It's the only restaurant there and you are out in the middle of no where so you don't have a choice but to wait and why would they require reservations? Seriously, no one wants to drive back down the mountain and get something to eat, so the restaurant should find out how many people are staying at the lodge and plan accordingly. The food is overpriced, $18 or more per plate. The food was good and they have a chef,but still, it wasn't worth what they were charging. The waiter was ok, we kept asking for a box and didn't get one so we just got up and left (we had already paid). If I were you, I would just bring food and get a room with a refrigerator.

Waldorf, Maryland
“ok over priced”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

need more menu items it was made of paper which got me off guard because the prices are high food was ok you have a pretty view of the lake if they seat you by the window