“Fantastic view!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Pearisburg B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“Fantastic view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful anniversary weekend at Inn at Riverbend. Jimm and Janet were great hosts. Breakfast was wonderful and we very much enjoyed simply spending time in the room enjoying the view--it was really too cool to enjoy the balcony/desks. Now we have an excuse to travel again simply to visit in another, warmer season. Many thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper level may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jimm B, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
We loved having you celebrate your anniversary weekend with us. While it can be downright cold at times in the winter, the view of snow-capped mountains and steam rising from the New River can be awe inspiring! Just dream of the leave coming out in the spring - 40,000 shades of green - OK - I don't really know if there are 40,000 shades, but there are a lot!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My husband and I just returned from an absolutely wonderful getaway here. Beyond the view outside, the home is beautifully decorated and comfortable in the best way. JT and I felt as if we were walking around our own home, rather than stay in a strange location. Both Janet and Jimm have hospitality down to a science (which makes sense as they both were scientists in their past lives). In addition to the details that made all of the difference (e.g., e-mailing to let us know we could cancel our stay without penalty due to weather concerns, leaving a note with all the information we'd need, remembering that my husband roasts coffee), they have an unbeatable view and charming location. Finally, Jimm and Janet seem to be able to adjust to the needs of their guests -- possibly because they sensed JT and my introversion, they gave us plenty of time and space to re-charge, while making sure we were aware that they were available if we needed anything at all. I was kicking myself that I had forgotten to bring cash to tip, because the stay was, without a doubt, world-class. I'm sure we'll return in the future!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I discovered this lovely spot on the edge of the Blue Ridge mountains and found it to be a wonderful escape from our normal pace. The setting is beautiful, the hospitality is warm and inviting, the breakfast is delicious, the environment is relaxing, and leaving is difficult. What more can you ask for?

Room Tip: Two levels: the lower level is nice since the porch is covered.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave J
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Inn was peaceful, and the view was lovely. Jim
and Janet were the perfect hosts: solicitous yet unobtrusive. We stayed in Little Stony which overlooked the New River. I have had the good fortune to visit many Select Properties over the years, but this was hands down my favorite. Dinner at the Palisades Restaurant was the perfect complement made it all the more special. We definitely will be back.

• Stayed July 2013
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in the late evening just in time to see the sunset. Sweet Janet was there to greet us, give us a tour of the grounds and show us to our room. She was very knowledgeable of the surrounding area and offered suggestions for dinner. The grounds and view are beautiful, the house is very comfy. We stayed in Cascade Falls, it's downstairs down a small hallway and felt very secluded from the rest of the house. The hospitality and the actual establishment were incredible! Add the view and the absolutely delicious breakfast and there is no question we will be back. Go! You won't regret it!

• Stayed October 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at The Inn at Riverbend last week and it was a great getaway. The view at the inn is unbelievable. We overlooked the New River, and beautiful mountains. The inn was built for a bed and breakfast so it is very well laid out. The inn offers all the amenities that you could want. Each room opens up into the porch or balcony with rocking chairs to sit and enjoy the view. The owners Jim and Janet are very hospitable and Jim recommended some great drives to take in the area and good restaurants. I would highly recommend this inn for a great getaway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lu Ann B
Jimm B, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your visit and your review. That view is something that I never tire of and it changes daily. The fall colors are just coming into their peak right now and are astounding. We are happy that you enjoyed the tours and the restaurants of the area. Y'all come back now hear!
Millers Tavern, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We visited this summer and were very pleased. The property is beautiful. The views were breath taking. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff as well as the owners were very helpful and friendly. Our room was great. Once back home I discovered that I left a bottle of lotion behind. It was one of my favorites. I emailed the owners and asked if they found it, and they did. They told me if I would send them my credit card number they would be glad to send it to me. I was really disappointed. After paying $240.00 per night, I felt that the least they could do was to spend about $3.00 to send it to me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearisburg
Mountain Lake Lodge
The Oaks Victorian Inn
The Oaks Victorian Inn
#1 of 7 in Christiansburg
5.0 of 5 stars 187 reviews

Been to Inn at Riverbend? Share your experiences!