“I was so relaxed...”
Review of Inn at Riverbend

Inn at Riverbend
Ranked #1 of 2 Pearisburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at Inn at Riverbend, and I want to go back already. So beautiful and peaceful and the hosts made it so easy to be there. I was traveling solo and was a little apprehensive about it, but needn't have been. It was the vacation I needed, where I felt pampered and special. Honestly, I could sit on the deck and look at that view for hours at a time. And their dogs are darling.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Jimm B, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Claudia, Thanks for your visit! Now that you mentioned the dogs being darling, they have become insufferable. Every time we let them know that a guest has arrived - they say "We are too darling to go visit with them".

We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you here. Have a great fall!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed for two days at the Inn, enjoying the highest of quality in terms of the facility, breathtaking views, delicious breakfasts, caring hospitality by Janet and Jimm, and their recommendations for restaurants and activities in the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms have good features.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gpp_11
Jimm B, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thanks for coming to visit the New River Valley of Virginia. It is a beautiful sight to see it meander through the surrounding Appalachian Mountains, especially while eating breakfast with the sun rising over the mountains. We are happy that you liked our restaurant recommendations. We feel pretty lucky to have such choices in a relatively remote area.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stopped at the Inn at Riverbend on the return trip from taking our youngest to college and it was a perfect retreat. It doesn't get better than sitting on that deck: at night under stars, in the morning with coffee or in the afternoon with tea and a book. Oh, and at sunset too.

Owners are great - cook a delicious breakfast. And they are very knowledgeable about the area and have lots of information to explore. Lots of hiking available, which was what we were most interested in.

Room Tip: There's not a bad one upstairs or down - all have fabulous views.
1  Thank lsinyard
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at Inn at Riverbend and wish I'd booked for 2 nights more. Something tells me that, no matter how long I stayed, I would leave wanting to stay longer. The views from the guest rooms are spectacular, and the mist over the river and the ridges made for a great photo op in the early morning. Jimm and Janet are warm, wonderful, welcoming hosts who made me feel that I was a visitor in their home, not just a guest at their inn. They made sure I had everything I needed without hovering. The food was delicious and plentiful (but any more of Janet's cowboy cookies and I would have had to walk home)! And the Comphy sheets were amazing! My only question is: how soon can I return?

Room Tip: "Sugar Run" room is lovely! All the rooms have great views. with great views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Jimm B, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you for your time in giving us such a wonderful review. We appreciate that you came and visited with us for a few nights and were able to enjoy the vistas of the Appalachian Mountains and the New River from the comfort of our decks. We appreciate even more that you like Janet's cookies! Comphy sheets certainly are the way to go!! Return any time.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Everything about this Inn is outstanding. The view from the balcony is breathtaking, so we abandoned our plans to hike in the mountains and just spent our time chilling out with the view in the background. The rooms are very comfortable and kept spotlessly clean. The Inn is very tastefully decorated and obviously a lot of thought has gone into those small details that can make such a difference. The breakfasts were delicious, and we had a fantastic dinner one evening at the Inn. The hosts, Jimm and Janet, could not have been more welcoming or helpful. In particular they went to great lengths to satisfy my particular dietary requirements. Our only disappointment was that we couldn't stay longer! Many thanks to Jimm and Janet for helping to make our stay in Virginia so memorable. Just perfect!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We came to Pearisburg to explore the New River and The Inn at Riverbend was a wonderful place to come home to. Jimm and Janet are wonderful hosts who make you feel welcome but who are not intrusive in any way. The view is even better than their website makes it look and the rooms are beautiful and luxurious. The Inn is situated in a quite neighborhood of large homes on large lots and it is only a few minutes drive to the major highway. Breakfast was delicious, there are sodas, hot water for tea/coffee, iced tea always available and cookies. We couldn't have asked for anything more. If you are a light sleeper (as I am) you will hear the train whistles at night (my husband didn't hear them) but I loved it so much I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
JimmBurton, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thanks for your wonderful note. We are glad that the trains didn't disturb you. They do add a nice note - especially on a night when there is fog in the valley and you can just barely see the trains light exploring the night, leading it to far away places.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Inn at Riverbend is a great find! We were only abel to stay one night, but the views from the deck and the breakfast were incredible. Jimm and Janet are wonderful hosts and made us feel very welcome and relaxed. We wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
JimmBurton, Manager at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Ron - Thank you so much for appreciating the breakfast and the deck. Janet does make some wonderful things. We can't take credit for the views, a 300 million year old river took care of that, but we can provide a comfortable spot to appreciate them. Come back a visit any time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearisburg
Mountain Lake Lodge
Hyatt Place Blacksburg/University
The Oaks Victorian Inn
The Oaks Victorian Inn
#1 of 6 in Christiansburg

Been to Inn at Riverbend? Share your experiences!