“Spectacular view and excellent service”
Review of Inn at Riverbend

Inn at Riverbend
Ranked #1 of 2 Pearisburg B&B and Inns
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Spectacular view and excellent service”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The Inn was clean, cozy and well kept, as well as offering a spectacular view. The owners/inn keepers are extremely personable and pleasant and really make the stay there enjoyable. Meals prepared to your personal taste are an added bonus. Of all my travels around the world this is definately one of my most enjoyable places to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms offer a spectacular view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Brad, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It means so much to hear from all of our guests and we love to hear from our business travelers too. Thanks for choosing to stay with us. Please to visit again - even when not travelling for business if you get the chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We saw the photo's, read the reviews, and were totally thrilled and amazed with this beautiful Inn. My husband and I spent our June 4th night enjoying wine and the view via the hammock outside overlooking the incredible river, and dinner on the deck. We loved the breakfast and found the Innkeepers attentive, experience wonderful.
We look forward to our next visit to Virginia and the Inn at Riverbend..... (oh, and the cookies are irresistible)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

I must say we arrived late at night after driving 6 hours on the blue ridge parkway under torrential rain, once we arrived nothing was right for me and I started complaining about everything to my wife Giandy. She kept quiet, we went to sleep and the next morning when I steped out to the balcony my jaw dropped........what a view... What place.... Things got even better when we went to BF OMG to die for gourmet BF. Jim and Janet are great cooks and they really really know how to spoil their guests. The quiet, the view, the cookies, ........ Perfect for a rest after a day of hiking or other outdoor activities..did I mention the cookies. Oh before I forget, the shower gel, conditioner and shampoo are the best top of the line nothing like what you would expect to find in a hotel... Better than my own lol. Did I mention the cookies? Also Jim is so forthcomming trying to make your stay as good and fun as possible, givinng tips to restaurants and activities in the area or a good auto mechanic... Did I mention the cookies ;-). Thank you Jim and Janet for maiking our stay so enjoyable we would have loved to stay a little longer. We will be back. Did I mention the cookies......

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas L
Linda H, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Thomas and Giandy, we thoroughly enjoyed having you here and glad you got to enjoy our little bit of heaven. I will happily send you the cookie recipe, that way you can have your own private stash.

Hope to see you back again another season.

Janet & Jimm. Gaby and Zoey say "Woof, Woof."
Stanley, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Just returned from our first visit to the Inn at Riverbend. Absolutely wonderful experience!! My husband and I seek different things when we travel ... I look for relaxation ... there is no more beautiful and serene location. My husband is the outdoorsman. Again, the options are limitless (canoeing, hiking, biking, etc, etc, etc). The food is absolutely decadent and the accommodations are first class in every way (we couldn't leave without purchasing a set of the sheets ... dreamy!!!). The hosts (Janet & Jimm) managed to exceed every expectation ... thank you Janet & Jimm for making our anniversary so perfect! We WILL see you again!!

Room Tip: contact the hosts with requests ... I did and their recommendations were perfect!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandi W
JimmBurton, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Sandi, We are so happy that your husband and your travel needs were met. We find all of the activities of Giles and surrounding country quite fun. For being off the path, we do have some wonderful restaurants in the area. We certainly hope you are enjoying your Comphy sheets. Can't wait for your return visit!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have read the reviews of Inn at Riverbend and all the good things are true. But, you need to experience this lovely and peaceful haven for yourself to truly appreciate the care and attention Jimm and Janet provide. While they cannot credit themselves for Mother Nature's bountiful mountains and rivers, the misty fogs and abundant wildlife, they can be thanked for unsurpassed hospitality, gracious and discreetness - these folks have an inate sense of what you need and then they withdraw, allowing you to relax and heal in body and spirit. A particularly kind service is their willingness to meet special dietary concerns as well as some very savory afternoon refreshments. There is simply nothing less than perfection in any of their rooms, the thick turkish towels, endless hot water, individual thermostats and unparalleled views from every room. Bless them for their stewardship and kindness, as well an responsible enviromental choices. A top notch destination.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank anita p
Reviewed May 16, 2012

From the moment we got there we knew this place was special. It was my first time in a bed-and-breakfast but it will not be my last, you can count on it.

In the morning the fog was so thick you could not see the river but after an hour it was an awesome picture; the river and the fog mixing together was something you might see at the end of a great spy novel.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Aelamin3
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 8, 2012

There is no reason not to visit this charming spot. You will love the area, weather, company, innkeepers Jimm and Janet, food, activities, advice on area and restaurant for night we did not eat at the Inn (Palisades - don't miss that either!), etc. We spent two nights and did not have enough time to see everything. The inn was immaculate and quiet, food was excellent and we enjoyed our hike up to Cascade Falls, also not to be missed. Thank you Jimm and Janet!

Room Tip: All were beautiful and situated for excellent views of New River Valley.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
JimmBurton, Owner at Inn at Riverbend, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit us AND then going online to TripAdvisor to let folks know about your stay. I'm amazed at how much there is to do in Giles County, VA and the surrounding area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearisburg
Mountain Lake Lodge
Hyatt Place Blacksburg/University
The Oaks Victorian Inn
The Oaks Victorian Inn
#1 of 6 in Christiansburg

Been to Inn at Riverbend? Share your experiences!