“Old Fashioned Delightful Homestyle Restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Pearisburg
Cuisines: American
Description: Across the street from Walmart near the intersection of Business 460 and Woodland Drive
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We were et was headed for one of our favorites when we realized it was closed on Sundays so we started looking for an alternative only to find that the chains (IHOP, Waffle House, etc.) were slammed and there aren't any diners or dives anywhere around. We decided to drive along looking at the scenery when this little jewel showed up on the GPS. I was very concerned when we walked in but my husband's hunger outweighed my caution. The entrance is confusing, the floor plan-meandering, the staff-so nice, the service-extremely friendly and the food-really old fashioned, home style, grandmother cooking. The menus are too big. But I settled on the buffet as soon as I saw the mac and cheese and the Waldorf Salad. I NEVER order Mac and cheese but this looked like my mom's. I think was wonderful. I even had a brownie and it too tasted like home made just from the oven, moist and chewy. I must admit I over ate and could have cared less about the ambiance! My husband selected breakfast. For less than $8 he got (pay attention) country ham, bacon, country sausage, hash browns, grits or fried apples, two eggs, toast, and a side of country gravy and Biscuits!
The buffet was less than $8 so for $16 we were able to time travel. Back to a time and place where people are actually interested when they ask "how's everything?" where cooks take the time to prepare food for the family and friends who would be dining @ the tables. It was a time when the food may not have been good for you but it was so goooood. I think Andy Taylor or Aunt Bee could have walked in and no one would have been surprised. You heard friends greeting friends across the room, people wishing others well. It was a sweet release from the everyday rush of life to simple surroundings, friendly service and great comfy food. We plan to make the 45 min trip often.

2  Thank BeeBee623
There are newer reviews for Friends & Family Restaurant

Reviewed September 5, 2013

really good priced the food was so good nothing like country breakfast great service place was packed but we got our food quickly I would check it out

2  Thank tippy1789
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great tea and wonderful Dieters Salad but the ham was only fair.
They did fix us an ice tea to go.
I loved the letters written by children put up around the restaurant.

1  Thank dovewood
Reviewed January 11, 2013

OK food and service but nothing to write home about. Crab appetizer had very little crab. Well, did it have ANY crab?

1  Thank Duvel11Frederick
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Restaurant is closest one to the Inn. Extensive menu, food prepared when ordered so service may seem slow. Eclectic decorations.

1  Thank cvqwv