“Off the beaten path, but worth finding!”
Review of Club Car Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Club Car Cafe
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Parksley
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 23, 2016

I was visiting my cousin in Pokomoke City, MD (vacation capitol of the east coast!). We were out and about and hungry. I offered to buy brunch. We were headed to a diner in Virginia when she found Club Car Cafe on line. It had a good rating, and was less "commercial" then the diner we were headed for, so we took a right turn off the highway and headed toward Parksley.

Club Car Cafe is 2 things. It is a diner and a restaurant / bar. There is on street parking. We went to the diner side. It appeared to be serving locals, and the waitresses call you "hon." It definitely has personality, with several autographed pictures of famous people on the wall. (some are questionable as to whether they had ever been there, but it was cute.)

The menu is vast. We went for brunch. I wanted biscuits and gravy, but missed breakfast by an hour, so I went with a grilled cheese with mayo and tomato and a BLT. My cousin had a "Francis Burger." We were told that the "named" burgers were made in house, the others were just frozen patties. We also got a side order of onion rings, the true test of a diner's worth! LOL

I have to say, that the grilled cheese was probably the best I'd ever had. I don't know if it was the cheese, or maybe the mayo was flavored, but it was delicious. The BLT was chock full of bacon. Well done, the way I like it. My cousin was amazed at the burger. She said that it needed nothing. She said it was excellently seasoned and needed no salt, pepper or other condiments. She at it plain. The onion rings were off the chart. Good sized pieces of onion lightly battered and fried to a light golden brown. Served very hot, they were a highlight of the lunch.

The menu is vast. The prices are ridiculously reasonable. You can check out an expanded menu at clubcarcafe.com. We were also told that the "to go" menu is more expansive than the menu given in the restaurant. So be sure to check out the "to go" menu.

Definitely a great place. Since my cousin said she said she would be going again, and I intend to get back there soon for biscuits and gravy. A great place to eat!

Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

Food is mediocre but service is extremely slow. Takes the cook about 30 min to prepare scrambled eggs and bacon.

TimValentine, Owner at Club Car Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Hello Jenn,

It is quite the disappointment to learn that you have not enjoyed dining with us. We apologize for any untimely wait you had experienced regarding the preparation of your food but can assure you we do try our best to serve all customers promptly. While we are glad that you did not harbor any major concerns in terms of the food itself, we are sorry to hear that our original recipes and high quality ingredients didn’t win you over. We hope that you will give us another chance so we can provide you with an experience that would transform your opinion of us, into a more promising one!

Reviewed September 15, 2015

If I could give this place a 0 I would. Waited, ignored with my 2 sisters for 25 minutes. Got up and left....

TimValentine, Owner at Club Car Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2015

Hello Laura B,

We apologize if you were not provided with prompt service. Would you be able to provide us with the date and time you had been in our establishment? As we are not accustomed to receiving such comments about our service, we would like to evaluate what could have caused this instance to occur. We sincerely apologize that we could not provide you with a more pleasant experience but we hope that you will stop by again soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2015

I have a local and frequent the Club Car often. The atmosphere is like a throwback to an old time diner and ice cream shop. I recommend the nightly specials as well as the fried chicken dinner, the best in the area! The portions are large and the service is excellent! If you're looking for good food in a comfortable setting, this is the place for you here! They also have added on a separate area for private dinner meetings and events!

Reviewed July 18, 2015

We were happy to find this cafe open on the 4th of July. Entering this place, you step back decades......with the decor and the smell of cigarette smoke. The club/bar next door allows smoking (who does that these days?!?!) and patrons can flow between the two places. Unfortunately, the bathrooms are on the other side, too, so you have to walk through the smoke just to use the washroom.
We enjoyed our tuna salad and chicken salad sandwiches, chips and macaroni salad. We would have liked to have tried their milkshakes but resisted. I am sorry I do not know the name of our waitress -- she was the most genuinely nice waitress we had all weekend!