We recently stayed in The New England room at The Ashby Inn. Upon entering the Inn, Silvie greeted us warmly, efficiently checked us in and brought us to our room. Note that the staircase to the second floor of the Inn, where the New England room is located, has fairly narrow steps, so physically challenged individuals may have difficulty ascending/descending. The room is quaint with a four-poster Queen bed. The bed itself sits high so be careful getting out of it-- may be a bit of a challenge for some at night-- and has an extremely firm mattress. The en-suite bath is fairly small, although adequate, and we needed to place our toiletry cases outside the bathroom due to lack of storage space. We also found that we needed to turn on the hot water faucet and let it run for several minutes before enjoying hot water. The room's old armoire was a throwback to the past and it's bath-towel filled content was most welcomed. We were a bit surprised that we found it difficult to secure the door to the room as it was warped. This may be typical for Inn's of this age. It should, nonetheless, be repaired. Although the room had no television, the Inn did offer WiFi service. This old, historical Inn is charming, situated in a picturesque location--and is a stark contrast to today's luxury hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting at a crossroads of both time and location, The Ashby Inn & Restaurant exists as a tenant to history while offering a place for guests to dine and rest amidst the beauty and tranquility of the Virginia countryside. Situated at the cross-section of routes fifty and seventeen in the charming village of Paris, the inn includes ten guest accommodations on three acres of landscaped grounds that provide a view of Paris Mountain, Ashby Gap and Sky Meadows State Park. The restaurant prepares breakfast daily for all inn guests and is open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Saturday and for brunch and dinner on Sunday. The Ashby serves as a pastoral setting for weddings, special events, and retreats. Guests of the inn find no shortage of activities in the area to fill their time, including antiquing, bird watching, cycling, hiking, reading, shopping, and wine tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Ashby Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashby Inn & Restaurant Hotel Paris
- The Ashby Inn And Restaurant