We were fortunate to stay in the schoolhouse - large room, large bathroom, screened porch overlooking countryside. Our meal was disappointing. We thought portions small especially compared to prices. When I ordered lobster poached in butter ($38) I expected more than one small tail which was lost on my over-sized plate - and this year lobsters have been inexpensive to buy in markets! I was still hungry after eating 2 courses. The chef also has a very heavy hand with salt, ruining fresh chanterelles, and crispy potatoes.
The breakfast choices were much better than we anticipated though beware those over-salted crispy potatoes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting at a crossroads of both time and location, The Ashby Inn & Restaurant exists as a tenant to history while offering a place for guests to dine and rest amidst the beauty and tranquility of the Virginia countryside. Situated at the cross-section of routes fifty and seventeen in the charming village of Paris, the inn includes ten guest accommodations on three acres of landscaped grounds that provide a view of Paris Mountain, Ashby Gap and Sky Meadows State Park. The restaurant prepares breakfast daily for all inn guests and is open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Saturday and for brunch and dinner on Sunday. The Ashby serves as a pastoral setting for weddings, special events, and retreats. Guests of the inn find no shortage of activities in the area to fill their time, including antiquing, bird watching, cycling, hiking, reading, shopping, and wine tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Ashby Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashby Inn & Restaurant Hotel Paris
- The Ashby Inn And Restaurant