We stayed here for one night over the weekend for my birthday. It was a nice quiet getaway from the hectic Northern Virginia/DC area. We did a hike at the nearby Sky Meadows State Park and had a quick check-in to the Ashby Inn.
We had a room on the top floor, which was ready with some nice port wine to sample and help us get settled in and relaxed. Comfortable after-shower robes available in the room, and a fantastic view of some meadows where cows were grazing. Dinner was great--we each got an appetizer and entree, and shared a dessert. Service was on point and breakfast, included in the stay, was delicious. The bed was so warm and comfortable--I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting to enjoy the bed. I have a king size tempurpedic at home and have found it hard to get comfortable sleeping anywhere else--I usually end up tossing and turning for awhile when I'm not at home. But the queen bed, pillows and blankets were all very warm and comfortable and I slept like a baby and didn't want to get up the next morning. My husband too was pleasantly surprised.
The only slightly bothersome thing was that the doors were a bit difficult to lock--my husband struggled a bit with it and I think the room across from us did too--we heard the door slam open and shut a couple times early in the stay as they too tried to get used to locking the door--such is the charm of these older houses...lots of character and quirks. As a suggestion, the library could use a larger selection of reading material. Maybe some magazines or other short stories that are suitable for folks staying only a night or 2. I saw a couple thick classic novels which I didn't bother to pick up since I knew I wasn't going to make much headway only staying one night.
I'd highly recommend this place to others, and already have to a few coworkers. Scenic hiking trails nearby, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, vineyards/wineries nearby, and delicious dinner and breakfast options. About an hour's drive from the beltway area but from how relaxing it is, you'd think you'd traveled much further away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting at a crossroads of both time and location, The Ashby Inn & Restaurant exists as a tenant to history while offering a place for guests to dine and rest amidst the beauty and tranquility of the Virginia countryside. Situated at the cross-section of routes fifty and seventeen in the charming village of Paris, the inn includes ten guest accommodations on three acres of landscaped grounds that provide a view of Paris Mountain, Ashby Gap and Sky Meadows State Park. The restaurant prepares breakfast daily for all inn guests and is open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Saturday and for brunch and dinner on Sunday. The Ashby serves as a pastoral setting for weddings, special events, and retreats. Guests of the inn find no shortage of activities in the area to fill their time, including antiquing, bird watching, cycling, hiking, reading, shopping, and wine tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Ashby Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashby Inn And Restaurant
- The Ashby Inn & Restaurant Hotel Paris