The outdoor countryside setting is lovely. The menu is very limited. The platters are served in large heavy dishes, but there is only a small tapa size amount of food. The assiette de crudites, for about $12, essentially consisted of two radishes and a carrot. Our main courses, at something like $34 each, again consisted of a sliver of food whether it was the meat or the fish, accompanied by tasteless overcooked vegetables. Despite all this, the terrace was packed, which I assume is because of the lovely setting and the fact that there is little alternative available. Too bad; the horse country deserves better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting at a crossroads of both time and location, The Ashby Inn & Restaurant exists as a tenant to history while offering a place for guests to dine and rest amidst the beauty and tranquility of the Virginia countryside. Situated at the cross-section of routes fifty and seventeen in the charming village of Paris, the inn includes ten guest accommodations on three acres of landscaped grounds that provide a view of Paris Mountain, Ashby Gap and Sky Meadows State Park. The restaurant prepares breakfast daily for all inn guests and is open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Saturday and for brunch and dinner on Sunday. The Ashby serves as a pastoral setting for weddings, special events, and retreats. Guests of the inn find no shortage of activities in the area to fill their time, including antiquing, bird watching, cycling, hiking, reading, shopping, and wine tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your The Ashby Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashby Inn And Restaurant
- The Ashby Inn & Restaurant Hotel Paris