“Hit and miss”

Dining options: Takeout
Palmyra, Virginia
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Unfortunately, it's the only Chinese Take Out (that I know of) in the Palmyra area at this time. Food is average. Sometimes, though it's better than other times. Seems the busier they are, the better the food is. Lady up front is sometimes rude and doesn't speak English very well. They've never gotten my order wrong, but I don't always like what I order, whereas I would like it from somewhere else. Everything is either good one trip or bad the next, not consistent. I tend to go there more than I'd like to because I like Chinese food and it's within 2 miles of my home. Otherwise, I'd have to go to Charlottesville. So can't really give it any about 2 circles because of the inconsistency of the food itself, and the people are not very friendly; like they couldn't care less about their customers.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Ollymo

Savannah, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely treacherous!”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The service is absolutely atrocious! I phoned for over ten minutes with no answer and the workers spoke no English and I had to restate my order for over five minutes. Too bad that this is the only chinese take out in the area. Very unfortunately. I do not recommend.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Katherine60814
Palmyra, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Got the wrong food -- received no refund & rude service”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Ordered chicken chow mein for $7. Drove to meet a friend in Charlottesville and opened the box only to find what looked like soup with some bits of onions and chicken. Called to say that what I had looked like soup -- no noodles or anything and the woman answering the phone snapped that it was chicken chow mein and then hung up. Have ordered from here before several times before and each time they've been rude. Maybe they don't speak English well (I don't know) but that doesn't give them the right to be rude to paying customers. I also have received very fatty sweet & sour chicken and fatty beef teriyaki in the past. They lost a customer after this.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank mhinpalmyra
Richmond, Virginia
“Just a take out place”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Ditto to the previous reviewer. if you take all the Chinese restaurants in the whole USA this one would come one average, maybe a bit bellow average. But it's not terrible enough to stay away from it. They have all the classics and it's usually pretty fast. If you live in Lake Monticello and you are craving Chinese, sure. Go for it, it's not too expensive. If you are craving good food don't go there.

1 Thank TravelRevReview
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It is the only Chinese Restaurant in the area, so I go more often than I would otherwise. Not bad, not good, just...”
Reviewed November 30, 2008

It is the only Chinese Restaurant in the area, so I go more often than I would otherwise. Not bad, not good, just close by.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook