“A two hour drive is worth the ride”

The Swinging Bridge Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Paint Bank
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We visited this diamond in the ruff after a co-worker told me how fantastic it was. Since our first, we have returned 2 more times. The last trip I convinced my mom to come along. My mother is a HUGE food snob but i felt sure she would love the restuarant as much as my children and I do. My mom hasn't stopped talking about the place since our visit July 4th. I guess I'm going to have to take her back VERY soon.

There are newer reviews for The Swinging Bridge Restaurant

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We were visiting some family in the area and dined at the restaurant. First, it is part of a much larger cabin-style complex that appeared very well maintained and up kept. Nice first impression. You enter through a 'old style general store', but selling most modern amenities, a beer, snacks, souvenirs, etc... a very nice feel entering. The restaurant itself is a 'cabin style' with a large swinging bridge and gift shop overhead. I must say, the ambience really ties into the entire region, is not tacky, and just a very welcoming feel.

The menu is what you'd expect at a country restaurant. However, they feature many items grow in their own or local gardens and farms from vegetables to bison. I had the bison chop steak; nicely seasoned, fresh onions and peppers in a fairly delicious sauce. While quite good, by no means the best meal of my life. But you know what? It made me feel 'at home' and comforted. The rest of the family had chicken dishes that were good, the salads were literally just pulled from the garden, and the kids inhaled their hot dogs.

In all, a really nice and unique experience at a 'country restaurant'. We'd go again and recommend checking this place out.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have eaten at the Swinging Bridge Restaurant twice and each time I found everything about it top notch. This time the staff accommodated us (a large group of 27) with about 2 hours of advance notice. They arranged for us to eat on their screened porch which we had to ourselves. Good down home food that put Cracker Barrel to shame - in fact I probably should not really compare them. Good prices (especially considering the quality of the food). If you don't mind driving through the beautiful Jefferson National Forest I highly recommend it. They have lodging available - so make a night of it! To be clear I have not stayed there but I have every reason to believe it would live up to the same standards of the restaurant.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We went for the 4th of July after hearing good things from friends. Upon being seated, there were some old rusted cars in the window sill that our 2 year old reached for and the waitress yanked from his hands. We ordered a buffalo steak and rib eye and were very disappointed. I don't even think they were salt and peppered. Took forever to get our food. Waitress rarely showed, leaving empty drink glasses and waited half hour for the bill!!! We won't be back.

1  Thank Beachfeets
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The Swinging Bridge Restaurant is out in the country and is very unique. Excellent food, service ans scenery.