“A little disappointed..”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This will be my 3rd visit. The plusses are the restaurant is quaint, cozy and different. The food was delicious. The minuses were the hostess was a bit rude I thought and the waitress had no clue. She started off by telling us a list of things they were out of, then brought food to us that wasn't ours, then seemed to disappear forever while we sat with no refills. In her defense she was not only waitressing but I guess they also take turns being cashier as well. Management should change this. Food is a little high priced too. I mean I guess when you're the only place to eat you can charge whatever you want but I'm starting to think its not worth it to drive over an hour to come here anymore. :(

2  Thank klay36

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I love the old country store feel filled with items I have not seen in awhile. I love the actual swinging bridge in the restaurant. The service was great and the food is good. I love the atmosphere and it is close to home.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Roughly 1 hour from Roanoke up Rte 311 off I-81. After a leisurely drive up the mountain, stop in for a buffalo meat sandwich. Raised in the area... very tender! Don't forget to head upstairs to browse through the store, and take a walk around outside. We love Paint Bank!!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife ordered the buffalo burger and I ordered the buffalo bbq and they were both really good. The buffalo come from within eye sight of the restaurant, so you know it is local. The drive to get to the restaurant is awesome and when you get to the restaurant, a general store and a gift shop await you. There is also a water wheel behind the restaurant, along with outdoor games (corn hole and horseshoe).

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had been out fishing and saw the old mill and thought it would be neat restaurant but it was an old mill turned to shops and museum right on the water with beautiful rhododendrons. Disappointed we walked back to the actual restaurant it was new and decorated interesting. Not busy no wait we got seated and ordered breakfast. It was good crisp bacon, eggs and potatoes. The potatoes were fried. It was good. Might be better to get pancakes.

Gift shop and country store.