“VALUE FOR MONEY”

Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waitangi
Reviewed January 14, 2014

got a deal on Wotif to do a two night stay early January, at a rate that i couldnt believe so was expecting something a lot less presentable than what we got
Got a upstairs waterfront room with late checkout
Yes agree the hotel is dated , but clean and tidy and was certainly value for money in the peak season
Large pool complex which again was well maintained
Dined in the restaurant only for Breakfast which was adequate , nothing to write home about , staff were friendly and made an effort to make conversation
Considering the large number of people staying in the complex no noise was heard all in all a peaceful stay
Wouldnt be happy paying the full rack rate , so certainly try for a booking on Wotif

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My better half and I came her for our 3rd year anniversary. We stayed in a harbour view room for 2 nights with breakfast included. We felt this package was a very good deal and the views from our room did not disappoint. Everything was clean and tidy and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We liked the fact that the resort was not in the town centre like many other accommodations, as it felt more private and was nice and quiet. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My family of 4 adults and 2 kids stayed for 4 days over NY's. The staff were nice but non of them seemed to know what the heck they were doing! The check in was troublesome with me being requested to being my own bed for my son - and bedding...even though we had paid for the correct rooms for our kids too. Some of the staff were very helpful but all of our family felt like the service really made this a place we would not return to :-( Great pool area

Room Tip: we booked 2 superior doubles rooms with children's beds but we got 2 completely different rooms...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We could not deny the location was great, but the hotel is in great need of updating and a facelift, it is living in the 80's. Don't expect much from the restaurant food either which was a big disappointment, yet staff made up for bad menu, they where excellent, not the mangers, who are hard to find, but staff made our visit memorable. Won't be going back!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in a standard Garden View room for three nights in December 2013. The reception staff were professional and the rooms were clean.
The room had a decent sized balcony and a large tv. However the king sized bed was two single beds pushed together which had an uncomfortable gap in the middle.
The pool and spa facilities were very nice, I would have liked to have an adults only spa though.
The bar had a limited cocktail menu and had run out of some liqueurs so not all cocktails were available and not all the bar staff new how to make cocktails.
The free wifi is available in the reception foyer for 20 minutes a day with only one log in allowed per day. We were here for a holiday so this wasn't an issue for us.
We really enjoyed our stay in the Bay of Islands, a few small improvements would make this good resort a great one. I would recommend my friends and family to stay here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sally M
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Would not recommend
Frustrating that room cards are affected by phones. Needed to change twice.need to sort out. I travel a lot and never had the issues
Towel policy of signing for is ridiculous !
Buffett at $45 per head is terrible value. Asked manager twice for towels to go swimming. None were forthcoming. Left over food piled up on cocktail bar in heat not picked up for ages. Rooms look like something out of 1980's decor
Great location just not backed up
Could be so good here !!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel has the potential to be a lovely location, but I'm afraid the upkeep leaves a lot to be desired. It needs a good upgrade and better housekeeping. The bathroom had no plug and had hair in the bath. The exterior windows on the staircases needed a really good wash and we're full of cobwebs. Pool areas look scruffy and weedy in the gardens. I'd also like to add the that Copthorne website is confusing, leading me to believe that I had paid, when I had not. DO visit the tarty site next door as it really is worth a visit.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitangi
Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia
Sea Spray Suites - Heritage Collection
Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands
The Waterfront Suites - Heritage Collection
Edgewater Palms Apartments
Duke of Marlborough Hotel

Been to Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands

Address: Tau Henare Drive | PO Box 150, Waitangi 2150, New Zealand
Location: New Zealand > North Island > Northland Region > Bay of Islands > Waitangi
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waitangi
Price Range: $80 - $220 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Copthorne Hotel & Resort Bay of Islands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Copthorne Hotel And Resort Bay Of Islands