“Thanks Mike!”

Bay of Islands Sailing/Gungha II
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Mike was awesome... really good job - awesome day sailing & amazing to see the dolphins swim right up to the boat & start jumping out...

Also beautiful little bay where we swam - only criticism would be the sandwich lunch, wasnt great & I normally expect better food on a trip like this but it was still an amazing day

2  Thank jamesrose

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Since I'm originally from Miami, FL in the U.S.A. I have such a love of the water. My trip to New Zeland was the trip of a lifetime and this cruise just topped it all off. I enjoyed seeing the beautiful water and the wind in my face and swimming when we anchored. Then, when I thought it could not be any more beautiful I hiked to the top of the mountain and looked down at the sailboat and the other islands and it absolutely took my breath away. Our captain Mike and his daughter made this trip special and we enjoyed our lunch. We saw dolphin on the way back to the mainland and it was just such an enjoyable day. Thanks to all who made this trip so special.

1  Thank jmnteddyLakeCity_FL
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great way to see the bay of islands - far less commercial and exciting than just going on a motor boat tour. Also get to see some less accessible, beautifully remote spots too. They have snorkells and kayaks if you want to paddle around at the island stop off too.

You can get involved in the sailing of the boat if you want to (steering, raising/lowering sails, tacking etc.) , but you're not obliged to.

The crew - Mike and Janine - were very knowledgable and entertaining, adding value to an already great day. Oh and they made some good lunches too!

1  Thank Jc8887
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Fantastic way to see the Bay of Islands. We make a point of taking our overseas visitors out for the day with Mike, and have done this four times now. Mike offers a great day out with a warm welcome, lovely lunch, and lots of interesting info. We were lucky enough to see dolphins, a shark and a penguin on our last trip which was wonderful. Highly recommend this as a relaxing, fun way to see the Bay. We'll be back with our next visitors!!

1  Thank M0xie4
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Captain Milke does a wonderful job from start to finish. We had a great day on the water! Not a dull moment on this sail: viewed dolphins up close, paddled in the kayaks, worked the boat as part of the crew, went for a hike on the island we stopped at for lunch.

Lunch was superb. Not sure what other reviewers were looking for, but Mike provided fresh fruit, hot chocolate, cookies, delicious sandwiches, and a delightful cucumber and tomato snack.

Captain Mike did a fantastic job with the kids too. Our children (ages 4 & 5) were welcomed on board with open arms right from the start. You can tell Mike is a loving grandfather and very comfortable with kids. He let the children steer the boat, made time to talk with them, involved them in the sail, and kept their interest peaked the entire time.

The boat was well appointed and wvery spacious. Plenty of room to spread out and be by yourself or interact with other guests. Well done Captain Mike! We will definitely recommend you to anyone coming to Russell/Bay of Islands!

1  Thank p3keith