“Wreck diving weekend with Dive North”
Review of Dive North

Dive North
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Kerikeri
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dive North offer fantastic dive trips in the Bay of Islands with free pick ups in Paihia and Kerikeri so you can explore NZ's subtropical paradise! Catering specifically for the diver, we also offer onsite B & B, great lunches including legendary home made Lemon Cake and two great dive boats with full cover from the elements, for you to relax in while cruising the Bay of Islands. Come and join our most popular dive trips; exploring ship wrecks Rainbow Warrior and HMNZS Canterbury and the beautiful reefs too! Based in the heart of the Bay of Islands, we are the only operator who does the Divers Big Day Out - dive both wrecks (Rainbow Warrior & HMNZS Canterbury) in one day! Only 1 day to dive? Advanced diver or more? Then our unique Divers Big Day Out! trip is the answer. Learn to dive in the best hands with PADI and SSI courses, all dives in the sea from the boat - no chlorine pools and floating plasters here! Open Water courses just take 3 days and Advanced Open Water just 2 days and you get to dive both the wrecks as part of your course! Personal service, great customer care and highly professional - Dive North; NZ Wide Diving Winners 2012 & 2013 and Certificate of Excellence 2014 winners - book now and experience the Dive North difference!
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had a great weekend up at Dive North, completed the PADI Wreck Diver speciality course and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Dave and Sue were such wonderful hosts, welcoming us into their home and making sure that we had a comfortable, fun and safe time. The diving facilities and staff were excellent, dive sites were perfect - Rainbow Warrior, Neptune's Garden and the HMNZS Canterbury. I'd thoroughly recommend Dive North and will be sure to visit them again for some more superb diving next time I'm in New Zealand.

1  Thank Brian B
DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Hey Brian, thanks very much for your review about the Wreck Specialty course with us - it's a great course isn't and even better that you get to dive the famous Rainbow Warrior and HMNZS Canterbury as part of it!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have recently just been at dive north to do my advanced open water course, I had an amazing time while I was there, Dave and Sue were more than friendly, I stayed in their accommodation and I felt like I was right at home, The instructor (Mark) who took my course was great, took time in explaining everything and really knows what he is doing which made me feel very comfortable diving with him (as I was very nervous before hand) So weather its to do a course or just to do some amazing diving I would highly recommend Dive North, the staff were exellent, the diving and the whole experience is, in one word, AMAZING. Have fun :)

1  Thank Ciaran B
DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thanks Ciaran for your review, we're stoked you had a good time doing your Advanced Course with us, come up again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We spent a fantastic time at Dive North with Dave and Sue early on during our holiday to New Zealand.
The time on the boat and the diving and snorkelling on the Bay of Islands was spectacular. Dave had a great knowledge of the area and took us to great spots.
We also stayed with Dave and Sue and had first rate accommodation.
I'd highly recommend Dive North for their great hospitality and knowledge. They really knew how to ensure we had an amazing time. What a great start to our holiday in New Zealand.
Many thanks to Dave, Sue and Kate.

DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Rod, it's great to hear from you and to hear you had a fantastic time with us. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and showing you our piece of paradise! Best wishes, Sue and Dave

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very friendly people who know where to go to give you the best experience of diving in the north. Priced well too. Highly recommend.

DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Glad you had a good time Carlene, come back anytime!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Having used Trip Advisor for several years and never actually written a review myself, Dive North has inspired me to change this. I spent two days diving with Dave and Mark and they were simply outstanding.
As an instructor myself I have dived with several dive operations around the world and expect high standards, professionalism and fun. Dave and Mark not only managed to provide these key attributes of a dive operation but they did it with ease and offered so much more. Quite simply they are the best dive operation I have dived with and my two days there were an absolute pleasure. The two of them provide knowledge, fun, great dives and could not have done more to look after me.
Despite being the only diver booked in for diving (mid week in winter) Dave was quite happy to run the trip. Most dive operations require a minimum number of divers to take the boat out and to my mind this is one of the many reasons that Dive North stands out from the rest. They treat you as an individual and put you, the diver, at the center of the operation. Businesses all over the world (both within the dive industry and outside) could learn a thing or two about customer service from these guys!
I dived both the Rainbow Warrior and the Canterbury (personally I preferred the Canterbury) as well as two other dive sites. The four dives were all interesting and fun. Dave and Mark ensured that they chose dive sites that would appeal to me. They even managed to order me in some dolphins and a seal.
My only down point is that I am now back in the UK and cannot dive more regularly with Dive North. But I will most certainly be heading straight to them on my next trip to NZ! Thank you both to Dave and Mark for a wonderful couple of days diving.

3  Thank SarahJLing
DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you Sarah for your review. Yes we do take just one diver out on occasion and it would have been a crime not to take you out diving while you were here in NZ Sarah. What a great couple of days we had! Keep watching our photos on Facebook, even if it only makes you want to come back diving with us again! So pleased your experience diving with us encouraged you to write a review on Trip Advisor!