“Rainbow Warrior and Canterbury”
Review of Dive North

Dive North
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Kerikeri
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dive North offer fantastic dive trips in the Bay of Islands with free pick ups in Paihia and Kerikeri so you can explore NZ's subtropical paradise! Catering specifically for the diver, we also offer onsite B & B, great lunches including legendary home made Lemon Cake and two great dive boats with full cover from the elements, for you to relax in while cruising the Bay of Islands. Come and join our most popular dive trips; exploring ship wrecks Rainbow Warrior and HMNZS Canterbury and the beautiful reefs too! Based in the heart of the Bay of Islands, we are the only operator who does the Divers Big Day Out - dive both wrecks (Rainbow Warrior & HMNZS Canterbury) in one day! Only 1 day to dive? Advanced diver or more? Then our unique Divers Big Day Out! trip is the answer. Learn to dive in the best hands with PADI and SSI courses, all dives in the sea from the boat - no chlorine pools and floating plasters here! Open Water courses just take 3 days and Advanced Open Water just 2 days and you get to dive both the wrecks as part of your course! Personal service, great customer care and highly professional - Dive North; NZ Wide Diving Winners 2012 & 2013 and Certificate of Excellence 2014 winners - book now and experience the Dive North difference!
Torrance, California, United States
“Rainbow Warrior and Canterbury”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We dove both the Warrior and Canterbury with Dive North, best dive operation in NZ. Small, only 4 or 5 divers, great service, reasonable price. They really take care of you, even rinsed and packed our gear for us. Best of all, great dive sites, after the Warrier dive, got a couple of crays for dinner on a reef..

Visited February 2013
DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Don - you're the man! Thank you so much for the great review and thank you EVEN MORE for your great video of the Rainbow Warrior - http://www.facebook.com/DiveNorth.co.nz?ref=tn_tnmn#!/DiveNorth.co.nz/posts/514782651914055

Tauranga, New Zealand
“Diving the Canterbury and the Rainbow Warrior”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

What an amazing experience with Dave and Sue. And the diving is just sublime!!
The crew go out of their way to make you feel welcome and included, a really friendly atmosphere is created. An awesome couple of days I spent which I could easily do again and again and again...
Thanks guys

DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you Rachel, it was great to have you diving with us for two days - perfect way to see the wrecks isn't it? Next time you're up this way let us know and we'll take you to some more cool dive spots!
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Easter Fishing Trip”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

As always we had a great time thanks to dave.. This is our 4th trip with him as we have had people come from all over the world to stay with us so we organisd a fishing trip. This is not just a fishing trip though Dave also takes us for a tiki tour around the islands and tells us about the tales of the islands and where captain cook first landed, then went through the hole in the rock and cathedral cave. Then we did a bit of fishing and caught some Kahwai and snapper then off to Urupukapuka Island for a bit of lunch and a swim. Then it was off again to do more fishing, one of the highlights was the dolphins came and swam next to the boat it was fantastic. The weather was great and we all had a great time. We had fish and chips for Tea. Cant wait for the next time so thanks again Dave and Sue..

DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
It's such fun sharing the Bay of Islands with visitors from around the world and then there's the bonus of you being such a great fisher woman Michelle! Your fish and chip tea sounds delicious!
Denver, Colorado
“Dive North or Bust”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My experience was a double whammy of greatness: not only did I get to dive alongside Dave and Kate at some amazing sites such as "tunnels" and the infamous Rainbow Warrior but I also got to stay with Dave and Sue at their lovely Keri Keri property. Everyone involved with this establishment genuinely wants to ensure that diver gets to experience the best that diving the bay has to offer. Their hospitality, sense of humor, attention to detail, and general compassion are complimented by small groups and tailored dives (not to mention some mean lemon cake after a dive well-done). I had a truly amazing time thanks to all those at Dive North-thanks guys!
xx
Amy from USA

Visited February 2013
DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
LOL! We love your passion and enthusiasm Amy!! You were such fun on the boat and always smiling - even with a reg in your mouth! See you again we hope!
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Excellent Diving Up North!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have just had the most amazing diving experience of my life, with Dive North in Keri Keri - New Zealand... We dove on the Rainbow Warrior, the wreck of the CANTERBURY, The Cathedral and various reef dives around these main attractions.

I have been on many dives throughout New Zealand and I can say without hesitation, Dive North has run the most comprehensive, client dedicated dive I have been on. Starting off with the initial correspondence from their web site - to the cleaning of my own personal dive gear after every days diving.

I personally would like to thank, Sue, David, Kate/Wendy, Lea-Anna and last but not least Muttley for a diving experience I will not soon forget. Your hard work, detailed analysis of each and every dive and above all, our dive masters, Kate & David, for keeping every dive SAFE... I felt like I was being looked after from the initial splash to getting back on the boat...

Very Best Regards - Peter Kirk
Upper Hutt - New Zealand

PS - don't forget to smile! I just received 36 plus photos on my email of our diving experience with Dive North...

DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Excellent summary Peter!! Really great to hear you had such a good time diving with us - come back anytime - we've got heaps more fantastic dive sites to share with you! Best wishes, Sue & Dave