“Outstanding team, great experience!”
Review of Dive North

Dive North
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Kerikeri
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dive North offer fantastic dive trips in the Bay of Islands with free pick ups in Paihia and Kerikeri so you can explore NZ's subtropical paradise! Catering specifically for the diver, we also offer onsite B & B, great lunches including legendary home made Lemon Cake and two great dive boats with full cover from the elements, for you to relax in while cruising the Bay of Islands. Come and join our most popular dive trips; exploring ship wrecks Rainbow Warrior and HMNZS Canterbury and the beautiful reefs too! Based in the heart of the Bay of Islands, we are the only operator who does the Divers Big Day Out - dive both wrecks (Rainbow Warrior & HMNZS Canterbury) in one day! Only 1 day to dive? Advanced diver or more? Then our unique Divers Big Day Out! trip is the answer. Learn to dive in the best hands with PADI and SSI courses, all dives in the sea from the boat - no chlorine pools and floating plasters here! Open Water courses just take 3 days and Advanced Open Water just 2 days and you get to dive both the wrecks as part of your course! Personal service, great customer care and highly professional - Dive North; NZ Wide Diving Winners 2012 & 2013 and Certificate of Excellence 2014 winners - book now and experience the Dive North difference!
Wellington, New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Outstanding team, great experience!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Dive companies can be very variable but Dive North provides excellent service on a small but comfortable boat with stunning dive experiences. This is the 2nd time I've been with them and it won't be the last. Recommended!

DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for diving with us again - it's always a pleasure to see you both.

Sao Paulo, SP
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Friendly and helpful crew”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Sue and Dave are really very professional, but with a touch of friendship. Their dive masters are also really great. I did two dives with them and they were fantastic. They make you feel very confortable. The two wrecks one day is superb. It is an amazing to have a barbecue onboard just coming back from a diving (it was just after the Rainbow Warrior. They do not carry to many people on the boat, so the divings and the ride is much more intimacy and relaxing.

Visited December 2012
DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, we loved having you onboard and hope that it gave you lots to talk about during your holiday in New Zealand! We look forward to seeing you again oneday in the future.
Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Canterbury tale”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

On a family holiday in the area, and, having lots of dives logged made a spur of the moment booking with Dave over the phone the day before--would have preferred Rainbow Warrior for the history but the wind was unfavourable. Got picked up at campground and had a stress free dive on the Canterbury, which was starting to get interesting life on it for such a young wreck.
Unfortunately a squall on entry for the second (scenic) dive had me finning on the surface and accidentally overinflating my BCD, leading to me getting so out of breath that I aborted the Dive. My fault entirely.
The set up was very professional, and the packed lunch sandwiches were really tasty and great value!! I would recommend Dive North, and if I come back to NZ, will definitely plan to do more dives with them

Visited January 2013
DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your review Graham and glad you enjoyed your day and diving overall. Please do come back and dive with us and next time we'll get you out to the Rainbow Warrior.
Kerikeri, New Zealand
“Diving courses”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Excellent customer service, good price and so much fun! The Dive North staff makes you feel comfortable, confident and always offer help. Dave, the owner, has an extremely high knowledge, experience and skills which really help if you are a beginner. I have done two courses with these guys, solo and with friends and would definitely recommend diving with Dive North 101%!

Visited January 2013
DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Ilona you are a pleasure to have onboard Lady Rose! Always smiling, always chatty and great fun, thank you for taking your SSI Advanced Course with us and CONGRATULATIONS on becoming an Advanced Diver!!!
London, England, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A great professional and accommodating dive outfit”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was on a 3 week trip of NZ and Australia and wanted to take in 1 day's diving on North Island before flying to South Island for Christmas and New Year.As I only had four days on North Island time was tight. Dive North came recommended to me and now I know why. We had originallly arranged the Big Day out, intending to dive HMNZS Canterbury and the Rainbow Warrior but it looked like the Cyclone due on the 22nd Dec would upset our plans. Dave at Dive North and I discussed alternatives and settled late on the night of the 21st on a plan that would enable us to dive the Canterbury at least. I the end we managed 2 dives on the Canterbury (the second being a full penetration at 31 m from stern to bow - c 140 metres). Thanks to Dive North I managed to get my dives in on one of the best scuttled ships around. Not only that, as I was staying in Russell they even arranged to pick me up from Russell and drop me off at the end of the day. Highly recommended for their professionalism and flexibility. A thoroughly good outfit and some of the best diving around.

Visited December 2012
DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Divers Big Day Out next time Jean-Marc! So pleased you enjoyed your two dives on the Canterbury though - she is an impressive wreck to dive isn't she? Thank you for the great review.