“Made my year!”

Dive North
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Kerikeri
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dive North offer fantastic dive trips in the Bay of Islands with free pick ups in Paihia and Kerikeri so you can explore NZ's subtropical paradise! Catering specifically for the diver, we also offer onsite B & B, great lunches including legendary home made Lemon Cake and two great dive boats with full cover from the elements, for you to relax in while cruising the Bay of Islands. Come and join our most popular dive trips; exploring ship wrecks Rainbow Warrior and HMNZS Canterbury and the beautiful reefs too! Based in the heart of the Bay of Islands, we are the only operator who does the Divers Big Day Out - dive both wrecks (Rainbow Warrior & HMNZS Canterbury) in one day! Only 1 day to dive? Advanced diver or more? Then our unique Divers Big Day Out! trip is the answer. Learn to dive in the best hands with PADI and SSI courses, all dives in the sea from the boat - no chlorine pools and floating plasters here! Open Water courses just take 3 days and Advanced Open Water just 2 days and you get to dive both the wrecks as part of your course! Personal service, great customer care and highly professional - Dive North; NZ Wide Diving Winners 2012 & 2013 and Certificate of Excellence 2014 winners - book now and experience the Dive North difference!
Gisborne, Gisborne, New Zealand
“Made my year!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Dive North offer an individualised service, tailoring their trips to your needs and desires. I was lucky enough to be able to do 2 dives on the Canterbury, both of which were professionally guided by Lee one of Dive North's qualified PADI instructors. Our group size was small, the very experienced (and well practised) divers on the boat were given the option of diving in their own buddy groups. The hire gear was very reliable and Dave was prepared with some spare gear which saved the day for some on the boat whose own gear was not as well maintained.

The ride out to the dive site on "Lady Rose" was very comfortable despite the lumpy seas and we were all still dry when we got to our destination thanks to the canopies. An important one for the girls - Lady Rose comes complete with a head (toilet) which takes the worry out of your day, no need to pack the "she wee" !!

The diving was amazing, we chose to do our 2nd dive on the Canterbury too instead of a reef dive so managed to see most of the wreck (and did some penetration yeay). Oh and did I mention that we saw orca . . . . .

Thanks Dive North :)

Visited January 2012
DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thanks so much, we had great fun having you on the boat again and so pleased you enjoyed diving the Canterbury twice! Glad you reminded us about the Orca, we'd forgotten you'd seen Orca ;-)

Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic dive trip”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I went on the Divers Big Day Out with Dive North in November. Dave and Sue were extremely helpful before the trip, giving me advice on where to stay and how to get there. Then on the day they picked me up from my hostel as well. The whole trip was really enjoyable, even if the weather did turn on us a little. I'd definitely recommend these guys if you're looking for a dive in the Bay of Islands. Top class.

Visited November 2011
DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you for your review Emily, we so glad you had a good time, it is great to dive both the wrecks in one day isn't it? Hope to see you again one day!
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“amazing dive!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

very friendly people
we dived in small groups, 2 and 3 peolple
you could take your time
the equipment is in good condition
after every dive you get a warm drink of your choise to warm up

DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Glad you enjoyed your diving trip with us - small friendly groups enjoying amazing dives full of fun and in safety followed by a nice hot drink...just what we think a dive trip is all about!!!!
San Jose
“Very well organised and very friendly service”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

As a SCUBA instructor I get to see a very broad range of dive boats and dive shop services, I must say that Dive North ranks up there with the best. Dave (the owner) has many years in the SCUBA industry as both a captain and shop manager working for other shops in New Zealand and it is very obvious that he brings all that experience to his own shop, Dive North.

Without a doubt customer service is the highest priority at Dive North and this was never more obvious than on a couple of occasions. The first being the willingness to take the Lady Rose (the dive boat) and after trying to get us to our dive site, The Rainbow Warrior' and being blown out by unexpected conditions, he was more than happy (if we had wanted) to put the large boat back on the trailer and dive 1 hour to another site to get us on another more sheltered dive spot.

The second occasion was the 1 hour he spent trying with my daughter, who feels the cold easily, trying multiple combinations of skin suits and wet suits to find a solution to keep her warm. In the end she had 5 layers of various thickness of rash vests and neoprene to keep her warm. After finishing our diving with Dive North we had planned to travel further south and do more diving, Dave let us borrow (that is no charge) all of her exposure suits so that we would not have the same problem at the new dive location.

There were numerous other occasions were he provided service a long way above and beyond what I could have expected including dismantling my daughters personal regulator and giving it a quick service when it started to free flow slightly - once again at no charge.

We had traveled up from Auckland for the several days of diving and noticed that Dive North offer a place to stay. They offer several rooms for rent as a bed and breakfast in their large beautiful house. Sue (Dave's wife) was an outstanding hostess making sure that we felt completely at home and that all of our food needs were met, including a packed lunch to take on the boat. Lee the Dive Master on the boat (he was actually an Instructor) was most of the most friendly and attentive people that I had met.

I could go on and on about the great service that we got at Dive North but if I did one might easily think that I was their marketing manager writing this review and not just a diver from California looking for a great time diving.

DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you, thank you and thank you.... would you like to be our marketing manager?? Seriously Paul, thank you for all diving with us, we look forward to welcoming you back again to the Bay of Islands.

Very best wishes, Sue & Dave
Darmstadt, Germany
“Best choice I could've possibly make”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I did an Open Water PADI Course for beginners. On the first day you go into a swimming pool to do your confined water dive. Days three and four take you into the open water in the Bay of Islands.
The instructors were super-friendly, patient and explained everything you wanted to know and more. It didn't feel like I was a student and they were my teachers, it felt more like friends who go out and dive together. From the first moment on everyone got along very well, I found some amazing friends in this course. I can only recommend it. Not only the instructors became friends, but also the owner of the Dive Shop. They want to make you feel as comfotable as possibble.
All in all I am really happy I did this, I would always do it again & would redommend everyone to do it! IT is an awesome experience and to me the Bay of Islands is the best place to learn to dive - especially with this Diving School!

DiveN, Owner at Dive North, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
You did a great job on your course and set the standard high for the boys to achieve too! We're really pleased you enjoyed it so much - we welcome you back for more dives Alex and also look forward to seeing you for your Advanced Course sometime ;-) !!