“Always a fun place to visit!”
Review of The Parrot Place

The Parrot Place
Ranked #3 of 40 things to do in Kerikeri
More attraction details
Owner description: Wander through our glorious subtropical gardens and enjoy the entertaining antics and colourful plumage of a huge variety of native and exotic parrots from around the world.Enjoy getting up close and personal with our pet birds in a natural environment and get your photo taken with them and Elmo the dancing Macaw
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Whenever we're in Kerikeri, we always stop in and visit the Parrot Place. Elmo is great fun and all the birds have such charming personalities! I highly recommend it!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We saw a little sign for this place and thought we'd check it out on a whim - and we were not disappointed. Walking into the pet shop entrance at first I was a bit worried but as soon as we walked through the door outside we were greeted with a tree brimming with friendly, beautiful birds waiting to jump on our shoulders. Such a great hands on experience and they have a huge array of birds to look at and read about. Make sure you spend some time in the walk through aviaries - some of the birds here are a little shy but once you coax them they love getting their heads scratched! Very cute. We also paid extra to get a photo or two with the very naughty Mccaw Elmo...he was fantastic, even if he did try and eat the boyfriends sunglasses.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Excellent range of parrots and other birds on display and the choices of birds that are able to be handled are also really cute!!! Very good information is displayed throughout the whole area and it is a very good place to visit; I would recommend that this is on your planning for a visit in Keri Keri. It is an excellent site for both adults and children alike. The management are very friendly and knowledgable about the parrots.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Another great visit to The Parrot Place - always on the list when grandsons visit. The friendly owners and the opportunity to interact one on one (or several on one, sometimes) with these birds make this a great holiday attraction

Reviewed December 19, 2013

So, we got about ... 3 metres into the parrot place after paying our ten dollars before we were very, very impressed. So many birds, such pretty birds, and surprisingly - such tame and friendly birds. Birds were offered to us, we got to hold them, or they got to climb all over us. A minor point - I wasn't defecated on and I didn't see anyone else defecated on either - I'm not sure if this is standard service or a lucky break.

We were given free peanuts and got to feed some birds by hand. It was really awesome, the birds took the food so gently. The whole experience was amazing, my partner and I are big fans of animal attractions, and this attraction might be the best one I've ever been to. The staff were very knowledgeable and obviously had a rapport with the animals as individuals, which was really cool.

Seriously, for ten New Zealand dollars per adult, this was totally worth it. Been talking about it all day.