“Fine Dining at its very best.”
Review of Food at Wharepuke

Food at Wharepuke
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Kerikeri
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine Dining at its very best.”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We dined at Food twice during our stay in Kerikeri. This is fine dining at its very best. The food is meticulously presented and prepared and the flavours were fantastic. The Angus eye fillet steak was perhaps the best we have ever had and the desserts were different and provided wonderful treats to round off our meal. We would recommend the white chocolate parfait or the platter of fresh seasonal berries, lemon Z syrup, homemade sorbet, and Clevedon vanilla buffalo yoghurt – both simply delicious! Service was also top class, it was so nice to be welcomed by smiling staff and the timing of each course was excellent.

Visited April 2012

• Turkish first
Southport, United Kingdom
“Scousers Abroad”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Excellent food, excellent staff and a chef/owner with a passion for food and Liverpool FC, fantastic

Visited March 2012
foodatwharepuke, Owner at Food at Wharepuke, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thanks Pat,
League cup this year, champions league next year,
All the best from sunny Keri keri
Colin
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Fantastic food, amazing location!”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This place has a really friendly atmosphere in a unique location, and has great live music some evenings! I definitely recommend it to anyone in the area.

Visited January 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best Food, Best Service”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

A group of us from Auckland decided to spend a day in Kerikeri. We researched on places to eat and came across the review of this restaurant on tripadvisor. After reading the first few reviews we concluded that this restaurant is a must-go for us.

We arrived at the place at around 6pm. The setting was absolutely amazing. We were asked whether we want to sit indoor or outdoor. We thought we shouldn't waste the view of this nice garden so we chose outdoor. We enjoyed our drink and our entrée in the garden. Unfortunately the sun set quite quickly and it's gone a bit cold. Mosquitoes started to come out. The staff lady lit up a mosquito coil for us and even gave us some insect repellents. At the end we still decided to move inside.

We were very quickly settled on a table, then it came our mains. I had a Red Thai Duck Curry, that was the best duck curry I have ever had! I also tried a bit of my friend's braised beef, it was so tender that it fell apart when probed with a fork! All dishes came in very big portion. We were so full at the end but thinking that it took us 3.5 hours to come here, how can we miss out the dessert?? We ordered 3 different desserts at the end, and just like what others say, they taste fabulous.

I probably have been eaten too much since lunch, my stomach started to feel weird. I asked the staff lady for a glass of hot water. I told her I was worried because we need to take a very long drive back home. It could be hard to find a toilet on the way. The lady suggested to put a few slices of fresh ginger in to my hot water. She said this will help soothing the ache. Before I left, she pour another cup of hot water with ginger to me in a paper cup, so I could take it with me on my way back. How sweet! My stomach has settled down 20 mins later. I forgot to ask her name but I just want to say a big thank you to her here :)

This is the first time I write a review online. This place was too good that I feel guilty to not write one. We came with high expectation and left with great satisfaction. I will definitely come back if I visit Kerikeri again. Hopefully the next time we come it's a nice summer day so we can enjoy the sun and the garden longer ;)

• Visited March 2012
Ahipara, New Zealand
“lovely setting, romantic ambience, first class food.”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed at the Wharepuke Cottages so nice and easy, meant we could have a few wines each and relax with dinner. Nice. They have worked hard on the ambience, it looks great and the menu had lots of tasty temptations. Our meals were superb, from the entrees to the desert. It was up there in price but it was a treat! Well done Wharepuke.

• Visited February 2012